PDA

View Full Version : Adding real time interactivity to SketchUp

esperientben
02-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post so please accept my apologies in advance if I have put it in the wrong place.

We have been looking at ways of taking SketchUp models and making them more interesting - by adding interactivity, real time shaders, particles, animations etc - using drag and drop controls only. A couple of videos showing this can be found at the link below. In one video, we drag terrain and boat models direct from Google warehouse and drop them into Creator. We then apply textures and shaders to make the water reflect and refract in real time. Finally, we add steering to the boat and a wake (particle system) behind for more realism. All of this is done using drag and drop features and is completed in less than 10 minutes.

http://www.esperient.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=192&Itemid=271

I hope this is of interest

Ben

simoncheng
02-05-2009, 05:34 AM
good to hear that.
i love to work with sketchup with other cad/dcc software.
it give me the instant concept and smooth workflow.

looking at this app at full heart.

esperientben
02-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi Simon

I hope that you find this interesting. Most of the functionality that you see in that video is achieved by re-usable Smart Objects which are just dragged into the scene. One of the guys made a couple more yesterday and I will be posting another video shortly - this time, of a car.

All the best

Ben

simoncheng
02-05-2009, 11:26 PM
that will be great.
wish to see more at animation toolkit development.
i really impress by the works of you guys.
well done everyone for behind it.

esperientben
02-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Thank you for your kind comments. A couple of other people have said that I should not post further about this subject which is a bit of a shame as we will have another couple of videos showing further new features later today - just shows how quick and easy it is to develop these smart objects! Anyway, they will be on our website and youtube.

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2009, 06:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.