PDA

View Full Version : Animation 3D: Roger The Cat

Goro
06-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Hi! This is a project I did last week.
It was a "four days project" at the German Film School
supervised by Roger Wilson (who did the FX for knight rider, airwolf etc.)
Everyone in the class had to make a 3D short (minimum 30sec).
Now this is my little short.
Modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, rendering and compositing all done by myself in 4days.

suggestions and helpful critique are welcome.

You can find more details on my webpage
www.area-56.de (http://www.area-56.de)

Roger The Cat divx503 7MB (http://www.area-56.de/projects/roger_the_cat_divx503.avi)

http://www.area-56.de/pics/3d/roger_the_cat.jpg

lildragon
06-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Was good I liked it, only prob is you took way to long to get to the punch line, I caught on after the 3rd pass of the plant. But t'was very good for 4 days of work.

-lild

wbate
06-29-2003, 08:10 PM
I have to agree with lild, the short drags in the middle, I think this could also be helped if the cats body was posed and animated a bit more interestingly during this part, the whole cat seems to move as a solid block much of the time...

having said that, the design and concept are great, and the menacing facial expression was good

Hey, I just watched your "Beauty of Life" short from your website, I thought it was quite ambitious and very well done. The extra time you and your classmates spent was worthwile!

Goro
06-30-2003, 12:07 AM
lildragon:
You're right...it takes too long. I saw that problem but I hadn't enough time to fix it. There are a lot of things that bothers me
but the most important thing was to deliver the short in time.
thnx for your comment.

wbate
I'm glad you liked "Beauty of Life"! maybe I will post it.
Thnx!!

gmask
06-30-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Goro
lildragon:
You're right...it takes too long. I saw that problem but I hadn't enough time to fix it. There are a lot of things that bothers me
but the most important thing was to deliver the short in time.
thnx for your comment.

wbate
I'm glad you liked "Beauty of Life"! maybe I will post it.
Thnx!!

I dunno seemed about right timing wise.. I didn't see the punchline coming.

I did like the cats reactions although the purring sounds sounded canned and the samples too similair.

Arab Queen
06-30-2003, 01:24 AM
WOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoW!:eek:
that's cool :applause:
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood job:thumbsup:

PaxtonGerrish
06-30-2003, 04:21 AM
4 days with modeling and rigging as well?

Goro
06-30-2003, 07:35 AM
PaxtonGerrish:
Yes, we had to draw a storyboard until monday. Then we had
time from monday morning to thursday evening for Modeling, Texturing,
Rigging, Animation, Rendering and sound. It was pretty hard.
I slept only 7hours during that time.

Heaven871
06-30-2003, 12:45 PM
:rolleyes: Goro strikes again. You are gorgeous. But please stop falling asleep in school :wavey:

I have to admit that a picture of a forest or a meadow hanging at the wall in the back would have blurred the mind. The bottles make it too clear that a window-gag is about to come.

Still a great short, especially for that time schedule.

harly
06-30-2003, 12:55 PM
Respect !

I personally think that the timing ist Ok. I just loved the catīs eyes movements, that was funny to watch.:thumbsup:

Frank Dodd
06-30-2003, 12:55 PM
I would agree with the first comment too, very nice little animation, simple models that work well but a little too drawn out. The cat character animation was very convincing great style and life to it. Well done.

Goro
06-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Thnx everyone!

Garry:
Next time I'll try to put a little more detail in the background.

Nam GEE
06-30-2003, 05:01 PM
hey goro,
nice... really nice. i just visited your homepage. nice style. hope to see more from you.

nam

MaxParticle
06-30-2003, 05:10 PM
hehehe - Wonderful! And four days, that's one hell of a deadline! As most others have already said it could've been a bit shorter, but apart from that - congrats! :applause:

AlexK
06-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Very well done man!
Keep on going and as Garry said: Don't you sleep at school so much! :thumbsup:

4saken
07-01-2003, 02:18 PM
good one here.
but next time get some more sleep so I can catch up with you ;P

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.