PDA

View Full Version : Painting: panda bear

TNTJack
06-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Hi there, this is my second atttempt at digital painting (or at any kind of painting, for that matter).

http://www.telefonica.net/web/jamc/pandaforums.JPG

Done in Painter 7

Visual reference: a WWF post card by Nick Jeavons

Crits or comments appreciated.

IronSRS
06-29-2003, 06:33 PM
hi,
looks very good..
the enviroment could have a bit more details..
but I think you just wanted to create some contrast to the high-detailed panda bear, right man?

bye
SRS

TNTJack
06-29-2003, 07:09 PM
Thank you

Yes, I know. The background should have a lot more detail. I will work on that. Itīs just that I am not expericenced enough to add random detail and not making it look too messy.

Iīll post any major update.

Oh, by the way, I have seen your skateboard post, looks cool, great texture work.

IronSRS
06-29-2003, 07:45 PM
hehe, no iam not the skateboard - designer ;)

TNTJack
06-29-2003, 07:52 PM
mm I see. Great work anyway whoever it was.

:wip:
me

elfling bard
06-29-2003, 08:03 PM
That look great. Love the pose and everything. Is it from a reference in that position or you have extrapolate from your imagination ?

TNTJack
06-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Thanks, I used a postcard as reference, and I tried to match it as close as possible, without scanning it. The original is more detailed, but I find adding detail to be very exhausting. I have to practice more.

Goro
06-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Great work!
How long did you work on this painting?
The pose and the proportions are really good!
Is the original a painting or a photo?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TNTJack
06-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Hi, thanks for the nice words.

It took about 4-5 hours total. The original is a water color painting in a postcard. Very small to see details clearly.

Most time was spent in the fur, but i think that the most difficult part is the background, as I commented before.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.