PDA

View Full Version : How to animate changing topology?

Jamnique
02-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Hi!

I've been wondering if there is a way to animate changes in topology. Like if, for example, i wanted to "record" a modeling process, to show how a character gradually develops from an unrefined, low polygon form to a more organic shape? Any ideas ?

ThE_JacO
02-04-2009, 02:33 AM
bar using only operators that are procedural (neigh impossible) in nature and animating them, it would take a fair bit of custom coding to do.

ViCoX
02-04-2009, 01:40 PM
You could make obj. sequence probably.
(offcourse you would not have motion blur and all the neatness)

Jamnique
02-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys. I was hoping there was a way to do it smoothly but if not obj sequence will have to do...

MorBioS
02-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi

I donīt have sure if that will work. But You could sculpt using any 3d sculpt program around (mudbox, zbrush, modo, etc). Make your model X, change the level subdivide and add some details, creat another level subdivide and add more details. Go to each level subdivide and subdivide again until you get same number of vertices and export OBJ file.

You need that all export files has same number of vertice. Go to XSI and make morph with them.
Excuse my english. Maybe I didnīt be clear enought, but I hope you have understood the process.
good look.

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2009, 04:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.