PDA

View Full Version : Wall-E and the Heidegger's principles

chrisdan3d
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
We invite you to read in our blog an article about Wall-E and the Heidegger's principles.
We hope you like it !

http://the-animation-art.blogspot.com/2009/02/wall-e-y-los-principios-de-heidegger-el.html

The English version is in the same post

regards!

C&C

robodesign
02-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Interesting idea.

With all due respect, to Martin Heidegger and Pixar Studios (not that they are comparable), but...

The english is very bad.

And second, it's publicity, this is not CG News per se.

chrisdan3d
02-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry,

but....
why do you think is publicity ?

We are NOT SELLING anything.

again sorry for the english, we're from spain.

Als
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Firstly, yor english very very very bad. Init?
We talk mucho better here...
Secondly, love the article, thank very much you!

Als

mosconariz
02-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Gracias por el artículo, me hubiera gustado leerme varias hojas enteras para seguir un poco con estas reflexiones, de las que sólo nos dieron una probadita. ¡Saludos a la península Ibérica!

joie
02-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Hey guys, Spaniards don't speak English just as good as they would like to, that's true, but they tend to study English almost every year (with the same level every year, that's also true) and you, english speakers don't study, in most cases, any foreign language (you don't need it since everybody speaks english, that's also true), so I bet your spanish is worse than spaniards english, am I right?.

Well, keep the language usage issue apart from this topic, would you mind?.

Thank's for the info anyways guys, it's greatly appreciated. (Y es verdad, nadie intenta vender nada, así que no se puede considerar publicidad).

Cheers.

LosPescados
02-04-2009, 08:23 AM
It's true that native english people barely speak any other languages,

though it isn't true that English is the world language; quite some time ago they made an universal language called "The Esperando" wich is really similar to languages like Dutch and Spain (or w/e the language of people in Spain is called).
The only reason this language didn't got through is because the English is dominating the world.

Back on topic: Love the article! Great work!

gregsandor
02-04-2009, 08:48 AM
... english speakers don't study, in most cases, any foreign language ... am I right?.
At the public schools I attended, we learned other languages from age 12 to 17, then more in college. The United States has citizens and immigrants from all over and in nearly every city you can find speakers of many languages.

The article you linked was interesting. Thanks for posting it.

robodesign
02-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Just to not leave unanswered questions:

I am a romanian, I learned english on my own, without teachers or books. I am learning french too, daily, without books or teachers again. I just mentioned the quality of the english article, because I had some troubles understanding quite a few phrases from it.

And yes, my spanish knowledge is rather limited, but for me, as a speaker of a latin based language, it would be quite easy to learn it :).

As I said, I really liked the article and overall idea. So, congratulations.

mosconariz
02-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Just to not leave unanswered questions:

I am a romanian, I learned english on my own, without teachers or books. I am learning french too, daily, without books or teachers again. I just mentioned the quality of the english article, because I had some troubles understanding quite a few phrases from it.

And yes, my spanish knowledge is rather limited, but for me, as a speaker of a latin based language, it would be quite easy to learn it :).

As I said, I really liked the article and overall idea. So, congratulations.

I understand robodesign's issue. If you'll make an article in whocareswhichlanguage, you should write it right. Is not the same to chat in the forums than to write a complete article or, if you want, a book.

-Si leo algo en español, espero que esté bien escrito, con acentos y todo. Creo que los anglohablantes pueden exigir lo mismo de nosotros. Está muy interesante el artículo pero sí, la versión en inglés deja mucho que desear-

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2009, 10:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.