PDA

View Full Version : bone rotation limit problem

MaDeuce
06-29-2003, 09:08 AM
Im having a situation I have not yet encountered when setting limits on bones. I get this sort of "bounding box" being dispalyed surounding the bone when I set rotation limits(as indicated by the arrow in the pic). It clutters my display and is quite annoying and it is probably a mere option setting. Can anyone please help

Levitateme
06-30-2003, 01:29 AM
if your joint is displaying as a box? im not sure how that is happening. i thought that was only a option for end joints? your pic is kinda hard to make out, can you get rid of the geometry and post?

ajsfuxor
07-04-2003, 02:55 AM
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I get the same thing.

Levitateme
07-04-2003, 03:00 AM
im sure someone might be able to help. but i cant help, i cant figure out that pic that was posted. can someone post what exactly is gonig on with out geometry covering it up?

dmcgrath
07-04-2003, 10:50 PM
The best way to get rid of this problem is to hide the IK handle. The bounding boxes show up when you limit joint rotatations on an IK setup.
Quick step to remove this problem:
1) Make a locator, or other homemede control device, and point snap it to where the IK handle is.
2) Point constrain the IK handle to the locator and then hide the IK handle.
3) If there is something you need to control on the IK handle you will constantly need, you can make a new attribute on the locator and set it up with set-driven keys.

MaDeuce
07-14-2003, 05:12 PM
thanx guys

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.