PDA

View Full Version : Help rigging my Cheese Grater!

gangshow2003
02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey everyone.
I have a model of a cheese grater that i need to rig to walk. He walks by just 'waddling' if you will. He rotates about his left side, then his right etc to move along. However when i rig it i don't know how to get two controllers that rotate the whole rig. Any help would be much appreciated!
Here is a picture of what i've got so far and hopefully this will show roughly what i'm trying to do.
http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/3/2/3/f_Screenshotm_d3c63eb.png
you see where the rotation is on the left at the moment. I need another rotation pivot on the other side as well so it can rotate about both points (if this is possible). Hope you get what i mean!

This is my first post on here so I'm quite excited about getting some help :P
Thanks in advance!

uiron
02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
just rig it as any 2-legged character. put "hips" somewhere on the eye level and setup two IK legs. make his upper body move with hips, lower left corner with left foot and lower right corner with right foot. animate just like any 2 legged creature, starting with hip movement and adjusting legs as you go.

gangshow2003
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
ah ok great thanks. I will give it a go :) cheers

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2009, 03:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.