PDA

View Full Version : Logo design.. Round 2!

Mongooser
02-03-2009, 07:36 AM
http://fc23.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/033/8/1/Logo___Please_Fill_That_by_mongoosed.jpg

What were your thoughts when you read this logo? Did anything pop into mind? What does the logo + title mean to you?

I am cursed with knowledge of what is behind the meaning of the logo!

Nimue
02-03-2009, 09:03 PM
F that
F that
Fillthat

Thats how it registered in my head. Still confused on the Fillthat though.

m|3
02-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Reading it I though:

Fi
Fi (as in Fee...Fi...Fo...Fum c/o Jack and the Beanstalk)

Then when I read "Fillthat" and re-read the first two lines it made some sense to me.

Saralyssan
02-04-2009, 04:48 AM
If it weren't for the last one, the first two don't really come across as names, and it's hard to make anything of them. They look like contractions, with the mistake of quotations instead of an apostrophe.

The quotation marks are the distraction, I think. if I were you I'd try some versions with them playing a less dominant role to increase the legibility a bit and go from there. These are neat ideas, but that won't mean much if people can't read them easily.

Mongooser
02-04-2009, 06:11 AM
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/034/8/b/Fillthat_Revision_2_by_mongoosed.jpg

After reading some criticism, I found that many people had no idea what " by itself is supposed to mean. Do you feel that any of these new ideas are better in conveying an idea of "filling a blank space with your opinion"?

rigiclimber
02-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I still think the apostrophe is what you should be using instead of the double quotation marks. The apostrophe ' is the punctuation mark that is used for omissions.

ie. it's = it is

The quotation marks to me read like a complete quote especially if both opening and closed are used.

I like the use of the underscore. That conveys omission too. I think the symmetry of the quotes actually makes it look complete, not omitted.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2009, 08:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.