PDA

View Full Version : Samantha 2.0, (Woody) Dani Garcia (3D)

Woodys3d
02-02-2009, 06:46 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g55/49755/49755_1233603989_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g55/49755/49755_1233603989_large.jpg)

Title: Samantha 2.0
Name: (Woody) Dani Garcia
Software: 3ds max, mental ray, ZBrush

This character is a rework from an old character of mine, wich was also based on Dean Yeagle's characters. This time I wanted to give her a much more realistic look, so I don't think I can call this style cartoon, but maybe something like stylized, as she don't have real proportions or textures, but they are close to them.

I'm planning to create diferent images with this character, but before starting with the clothes for the first one I wanted to show the character, giving her a couple of diferent poses and expresions to make it more interesting than the modeling pose.

Even if this time I'm not trying to recreate Dean Yeagle's style as I was trying the first time, I want to give him credit again, because his artwork is a great inspiration for me.

Hope you like it!

CGadrian
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Mmmmm...sexy !

4 stars !

chillnlikeamug
02-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I like it. Her feet are not to my liking but that does not make them inaccurate or disproportionate. I think it's fantastic work. Wires would be cool. Was she rigged to pose? If she's able to be animated then I'm looking forward to seeing her in action. Great job. I giver her 4 Stars, I really like this style.

Onslaught_2000
02-02-2009, 09:21 PM
WOW dude i love the first model you did, but i must say i am really liking what you did with the remodel. I cant wait to see more of this model with clothes on. I also love the pose she is in.

KingOfTheBumps
02-03-2009, 03:11 AM
Whoa! I am a big fan! Love to see more of her, please keep us up to date!

Four stars for sure...

Andrew

phoenix
02-03-2009, 05:54 AM
This is good :), skin is quite sweet and soft..

regards

terrifortino
02-03-2009, 06:15 AM
4* from me

K0mba
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Nice model, i like the style...good work.

tonfarben
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I really liked your first version of Samantha. But in contrast to the other posts Iīd like to say, now I find her body a little bit disturbing.
I mean, the style is perfect, but her proportions arenīt anymore. Why does she look like an anorexic girl, when you see the ribcage? And then, looking at the arms, definately not anorexic! Especially in the right image. It simply does not match in my mind. Either you portrait a skinny girl, then she has no curves at all (think model-> mostly 88-63-88 nowadays, and very much bone is visible), or a curvy one with a little softer figure. If you mix both, the first thought will be: that is not possible.
I donīt want to argue, I really think you are a great artist, but maybe you can reconsider making her ribcage less prominent. Or do something else to make it more believable.
Oh, and in the left image her hair looks like it is glued, but I think you simply did not resimulate it after posing her. So nothing special or wrong. Or am I wrong?
Everything else is top notch! So I vote 4 stars (without that ribcage and a correct posing of foot and toe in the right image that would make five stars...) and I am really looking forward to the next pictures from her and the clothes you will design for her. Keep the good work up!

chillnlikeamug
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
tonfarben, I think you are on to something here but not quite articulating what I believe the issue to be. So I'm going to take a crack at it. The rib cage has the right amount of volume to it so to speak (It probably is protruding the right amount), I think the issue is the texturing. The shading is too dark and the shadow is carried around toward her back too far. I did a little search of some pin up girls who expose this same area of there body, in very simillar positions, and found it was really close to accurate. Just having the color be a little too dark and the shadow stretch around the body too far by a hair is causing it to look a little off. IMO. Again though superb work.

YsenGrin
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
:blush::thumbsup: lol she is so cute well done! are we gonna see a stand up pose?

Woodys3d
02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks a lot for the comments!

Yes, she will be standing on the first final image I'm planning with her. I hope it don't take me too long to do.

chillnlikeamug -> I'm not planning to animate her, so this is what I do to pose her. The low res version has a biped with a very simple skin, that I use to pose her and to move the hair (and eventually clothes). Once the posing is done, I send it to zbrush, correct anything that needs to be corrected and then I export the high poly version to max ready to be rendered.

tonfarben -> I don't think the problem with the ribcage its a problem with the model, but maybe more with the textures. I tryed to give a lot of contrast between light and shadows on those images, so that problaby made them look more visible. Anyway, its good to keep it in mind for next images.
The hair on that image is not prefect, I know, but I wanted to finish it and I thought nobody would see it :P. Keep in mind those images, even if I tried to make them as nice as possible, were only to show the character before starting with the first final image, so I wanted some feedback to be sure the character was working well and that probably made me ignore a few problems that I would not ignore in a "final" image.

alcado
02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
really cool character, nice curves on the body:thumbsup:

TyroneMaddams
02-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Dani she looks freaking awesome, the ribs included...adds that lil something!

Keep it up :)

mdeuce22
02-04-2009, 02:24 AM
i never saw the original,but from what i see it is good work all around. cant wait to see finished project. nice

Woodys3d
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks again for your comments.Here's a fast screenshot I took of the wires, as requested before. You will see the low poly version its quite high. That's cause I used the old model I did only with max as a start point for this character, so it had no sense to reduce the mesh just to sculpt it again.

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.