PDA

View Full Version : Character- Yet another space marine

Stormwalker
06-29-2003, 04:07 AM
Modeled in Lightwavehttp://members.cox.net/jerrybe/marine

ShortFuseNZ
06-29-2003, 04:21 AM
Dunno about the sword and the lighting, but the rest beautiful :)

Zeruel the 14th
06-29-2003, 05:13 AM
Intriguing. I like the backdrop in particular however i am unsure...Is it a chaos Marine. It looks kinda like one. Those bumps on the armour and what not make it look kinda like chaos. Except there are no skulls, spikes, stretched out demon skin etc etc.

Maybe i'm totally wrong. Might be a Dark Angel.

I like the plasma pistol (or is a gun?) I've never thought how'd one would look in 3D. But i've always imagined light or steam / vapor coming from the vents along the barrel.
(In honesty, i don't remember how a Plasma weapon is supposed to work in 40k)

Something about the sword. Doesn't quite look 'right'. How does one define 'right' exactly i am not sure. But it looks too smooth or even. If i recall my 40k knowledge, the only swords, for the most part, that resemble ordinary swords would be power swords. But even they had power connectors on the blade etc (can't forget the wicked lightning arcs in illustrations). In my mind, i always figured that a sword in 40k would chipped and dented seeing as how body armour is so thick in many cases.

Nonetheless, as unsure about some things as i am. I love the detail on the armour. What ever type of marine it is. I can say with certainty that it is indeed a marine.

The rotting carcass of the Emperor himself would be proud. ^^
(unless of course it actually is chaos ;) )

Wicked_Chicken
08-01-2003, 12:06 AM
It could be a Mark 2-4 armour system (I think the current is like mk 7? alot of the older ones had the bumps. its a plasma gun (mk 2) i think they general rule for operation is pull the trigger, half the time you die of overheating :P

i love plasma weapons :D

stormwalker, would you be interesting in working on a short cg clip?

(say yes :P)

I like it, though i think the green lighting may be a bit exessive ( i realize his armour IS green, but anyhow, gj!

Wicked_CHicken

ps. is that a salamander?

Johnny_Cannuck
08-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Yet another example of how poor lighting, texturing, and posing can ruin an otherwise good model. Keep working: you can only get better :)

:beer:

Trestkon
08-01-2003, 05:59 AM
The sword looks almost as if it is weightless, he's not grasping is as if it weighed what it should.

GazgulThraca
10-12-2004, 03:53 PM
This is just me but I think the mouth grill plate thing could be a bit smaller

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.