PDA

View Full Version : This is how thin the Animation market is right now..

wildone106
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Doing my daily job search, this is the most ridiculous job I've seen posted under the term 'Animator' yet..

"
Job Title: Mascot Animator - Indianapolis

Employer: available to members Location: Central Region city and state available to members Posted/Updated: 01-08-2009 Job Status: Part Time
Brief Job Description: Mascot animators needed for various venues -no specific height requirements. Applicants will ideally have previous mascot experience. Expanded Job Description: available to members"

Guy in a suit..is that what my career has become now..:rolleyes:

musashidan
02-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Doing my daily job search, this is the most ridiculous job I've seen posted under the term 'Animator' yet..

"
Job Title: Mascot Animator - Indianapolis

Employer: available to members Location: Central Region city and state available to members Posted/Updated: 01-08-2009 Job Status: Part Time
Brief Job Description: Mascot animators needed for various venues -no specific height requirements. Applicants will ideally have previous mascot experience. Expanded Job Description: available to members"

Guy in a suit..is that what my career has become now..:rolleyes:

This must be a mistake.Looks to me like the guy is advertising for "Animated" people to become mascots:D clue:"No height requirement"

Marcel
02-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Haha, it's a pretty common name for 'Furries' in some places.

I've seen ads in a local newspaper that said "Animators wanted". I was very surprised because the Dutch 3D market is so small, no way a company would advertise in a national newspaper. Turns out it was the same thing, companies looking to fill furry suits. :p

GrogMcGee
02-02-2009, 09:23 PM
It's perfectly logical - you'll animate the furry suit. :p :rolleyes:

kelgy
02-03-2009, 02:34 AM
I hope the pay is good.
Mascots often get beat up.
Carrots, hotdogs, eagles, none are safe.

http://www.voiceoftreason.net/rolling-stone-animal-cruelty.html

wildone106
02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
:cry: I feel insulted! lol Its amazing what passes under the 'Animator' banner these days..modelling, texturing, compositing, programming, managing..oh yea and finally..animating..grr...

SeanC
02-03-2009, 08:20 PM
As the sausages ran past his dugout, Simon, 28, swatted the Italian sausage on the head with a two-fisted swing. The top-heavy sausage crumpled to the turf and tripped up the hot dog.

haha, nice.. poor sausage.

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2009, 08:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.