PDA

View Full Version : simple skin, bump and normal problem

Zombie77
02-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Hello to all, I hope somebody can help me with the following problem, for my model I have a map of bump and a normal map, when I place the nodes direct to the texture I have a good result, but when I connect the material of simple skin, the maps normal and bump disappear of the model. Somebody can say to me if this is normal and if there is some alternative to place these maps. I leave renders + the structure them of nodes they can see so that it. Thanks

spaz8
02-02-2009, 04:35 AM
I think it is honestly just the result of sub-surface scattering in the shader.. You grey materail was just some lambertian material.. which was harder and crisper (spec). SSS softens things do to the nature of it is allowing light to penetrate things. NM's, bump, even displacements softens as a result on SSS materials. Your option are to increase the strength of the NM and Bumps maps.. or lessen the penetration distances on the skin shader.. or a combo of the two.

artstorm
02-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Try to raise the Respect Bump value in the Simple Skin Material node and you should see more of your bump/normal maps.

Zombie77
02-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks a lot by the time in reading this consultation.

I think it is honestly just the result of sub-surface scattering in the shader.. You grey materail was just some lambertian material.. which was harder and crisper (spec). SSS softens things do to the nature of it is allowing light to penetrate things. NM's, bump, even displacements softens as a result on SSS materials. Your option are to increase the strength of the NM and Bumps maps.. or lessen the penetration distances on the skin shader.. or a combo
of the two.

I have put the values of bump in around 8000 exactly being able to notice a change in render, is why to render in gray this exaggerated details. On the other hand I have tried putting the values of the epidermal and subdermal in " 0" but the details are not seen

Try to raise the Respect Bump value in the Simple Skin Material node and you should see more of your bump/normal maps.

You could see if it but the values in bump are not of alredor of 8000%, and in simple skin this raised up to 10000.

Any other suggestion?

Eugeny
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
You all ready told - rise respect bump, it's zero on your screen grabs.

Zombie77
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Oooooooooooo Thanks Boys, What Has Been Said By Artstorm I Did Not Understand It I Thought That It Spoke Of " Bump Height" , And Thanks To Eugeny To Read All The Posts. They Have Been Of Much Aid. Thanks Again

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.