PDA

View Full Version : How to duplicate clip instances

Carm3D
06-29-2003, 12:10 AM
Hi,

I am plugging away at making my tree dance, using pose clips.

Each clip gets a spline modified for it so it eases in and out and it looks great.

The only problem is.. Every time I want a new clip I gotta choose "Add Clip", then re-arrange the order of the tracks (M:A likes to put any track I add a new clip to at the bottom, which screws up blending).

Then I have to make a new spline ease-in / out thing for the new clip. Is there a way to duplicate an existing instance of a clip so I don't have to constantly create new ease in / out splines for each new instance?

Thanks!

Bill_nuts
06-30-2003, 09:09 AM
You can easily duplicate clip instances by 'alt' middle mouse button clicking,(MMB) then either drag it further along the same track or drag it down and automatically create a new track. (with MMB)
If you have multiple clip instances on the same track, you can still add a blend between them.
If you want them to overlap then obviously you need them on different tracks.

Hope this answers your question!!!

Bill_nuts
06-30-2003, 09:22 AM
One more thing.......

You need to hold that 'alt' key down until you have dragged the new clip copy clear of the existing clip.

cheers

Carm3D
06-30-2003, 10:04 AM
Thank you so much Bill!

I wish I had asked this a week ago. Today I finished this "pass" of my animation, but I can still utilize this trick in other elements of this same project. You can see the WIP in my architecture gallery (Manhattan video clip).

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.