PDA

View Full Version : Demon devilishly cute

tAstyBITs
05-03-2002, 04:26 PM
I finally got this one finnished. It's a photoshop painting.

:surprised

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~loriperkins/Demon.jpg

:rolleyes:

let me know what you think!!!:p

tAstyBITs
05-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Here's a part of it at one to one.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~loriperkins/DemonCloseUp.jpg

Sangotten
05-03-2002, 05:08 PM
WOW!!!:eek:

That is realy beautyfull.... I'm stunned by her looks, nice and evil.....

Dude, this is a great pic! :twisted:

Emauher
05-03-2002, 06:39 PM
:eek: Great job! I liked the anatomy and the shading/shadowing on lowerlegs and feet... wanna see more :)

Franz-dp
05-03-2002, 07:16 PM
very good, u statr form a photo or is all your?
can u post some work in progress?

Phobia4
05-03-2002, 08:34 PM
impressed:

can you post a full res image of the whole thing??

cerreto
05-03-2002, 08:53 PM
man this is beutiful very nice work for sure id also love to have a full res version

Cgkoko
05-03-2002, 09:46 PM
:eek: That is fantastic!!!!How long did it take you?We want more!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kfc
05-04-2002, 01:13 AM
Wow.... this is Serious Shit~!
Cool dude~!
:)

photoshop 7?
what kinda brush do u use for this painting? and do u mind to show us the set of brush that u use?

tAstyBITs
05-04-2002, 07:47 AM
:beer: :p

Thanks for the comments.

To answer some questions. I did the art in photoshop 6, everything from the concept to completion. I didn't use much for reference, it wasn't until the end of the making the piece that I pulled out some pictures of ears and a few bikini girls to adjust things like the knees and clavicals. As far a brush settings, I use the paintbrush tool for about 85% of the work here, some stuff gets the airbrush and the smuge tool. I like to set the paintbrush so that size and opacity are controled by pen pressure. To add texture to the stone on the floor I overlayed a picture of a stone wall. I learned in a illustration class to use things like a sponge or a plastic bag to make texture on a oil illutrastion working with layer of varnish. Here I use what is native to photoshop and used a photogragh to add some texture to the stone. I like photoshop.

Time wise it's hard to say I worked on and off for months, but if I where to guess about how long it took me I'd say about 20 to 25 hours. It it wasn't for R t C Wolfienstien it would have been done sooner.

I'd like to add that Zdislaw Beksinski has had some influnce on me for this one.

tAstyBITs
05-04-2002, 07:58 AM
Here is the line art I used.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~loriperkins/DemonSketch.jpg

tAstyBITs
05-04-2002, 08:00 AM
:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

This is one to one.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~loriperkins/DemonSketchCloseUp.jpg

tAstyBITs
05-04-2002, 08:04 AM
:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :p

beauty is the devils work, it has to be.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~loriperkins/DemonCloseUp2.jpg

aaronstg
05-04-2002, 08:50 AM
Wow! That is some absolutely wonderful artwork. From the pose, to the design, to the expression and details, it's amazing.
I really like the mood of the piece too. Once again, great work. :)

Titan
05-04-2002, 11:41 AM
Dude!!, Excellent Work...I know you covered your brush settings and stuff, but how about a little info on your process and technique...

do you lay down midtones first then come back over with darks and lights?
:airguitar :buttrock: :surprised

tAstyBITs
05-04-2002, 03:25 PM
After I make a drawing. I figure out the colors I want to use by airbrushing in various shades of differing hue's careful not to loose the drawing. When I'm pleased with the results and have a good idea of what colors I'm going to use for everthing I start to finnish one area. Say the head. I work the head and the background around the head. This becomes a key for the rest of the painting.Then I work in the darks, lights, and colors using my key as quick as I can. I'll cover the painting as quick as I can with the values and colors I want, then I go back and work in the detail. I try paint everything on one layer, but of course I save the original drawing on it's own layer just in case.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

paranoy2k
05-04-2002, 08:23 PM
:eek:
It's a damn cool piece of art!
& Thanx for sharing your tricks and techniques.

JacquesD
05-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Beautiful colors and mood, I like it.

hawkprey
05-04-2002, 10:54 PM
Wow great stuff

The line quality really gives it energy.

Something kinda bugs me about her weighted foot though. I cant put a finger on it but it just seems, "off". I think maybe her center of gravity is slightly off because that foot needs to be kicked out slightly.

Not a big thing. Just being nitpicky on an otherwise awesome pic.

Korgath
05-05-2002, 02:23 AM
:love: I'm in love... She looks so cute!

Great Work dude!:thumbsup:

Briareos
05-05-2002, 03:04 AM
great character. good job.

Khar_Negt
05-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Wow, great painting!
Is this the way to go for digital art to be recognised? :)

Sanctuary
05-06-2002, 02:46 AM
awesome ... keep it rollin`

staglider2
05-09-2002, 11:04 PM
how do you post such big attachments if it cannot be over 50k ?? if i save my psd file as jpg it can *never* this big as that 1:1 at the top of the thread

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.