PDA

View Full Version : "Star Trek" Superbowl Spot

RobertoOrtiz
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMTzoW0J1E8&fmt=22 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/)

New link...
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6201&Itemid=99

BookMansBlues
02-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I still have trouble with some of the Teeny bopper-ness of it, but the VFX look sweet!

Stormy151
02-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I can't wait. It's about time Trek got a re-boot. The VFX look great!

Intervain
02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
damn the link's down already...

RobertoOrtiz
02-01-2009, 09:43 PM
New link...
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6201&Itemid=99

gginther
02-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I still have trouble with some of the Teeny bopper-ness of it, but the VFX look sweet!

I agree, the cast all look like people who would really get on my nerves. But I would be interested in it just cuz it's Trek, plus the VFX do look amazing.

BigPixolin
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
High school musical in space! The VFX will be the only reason I ever see this.

Daniel-B
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM
High school musical in space! The VFX will be the only reason I ever see this.

I see a lot of comments like this, and I think people fail to realize that most of the cast are pushing 30, or are already in their mid 30s.

kelgy
02-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I see a lot of comments like this, and I think people fail to realize that most of the cast are pushing 30, or are already in their mid 30s.

Its hard for me to divorce the old cast from the parts they created, so anyone else automatically seems younger or inexperienced.

You know how when you watch an old movie featuring someone who has been doing movies for decades and even though they are younger than you when they made the movie, you still feel as if they are older?

Anyway I dont think Pine has the charisma to be captain. I cant look at him or hear him speak and feel that he would be the center of attention or command authority.
I wouldnt categorize him as a red shirt type but maybe an "Ensign Hawke" from First Contact.
The "bridge-crewman-who-seems-to-have-a-lot-of-potential-but-ends-up-a-Borg-drone-and-has to-be-killed-by-Worf" type.

Or was it Picard who did it?
That was a cool scene.

Boone
02-02-2009, 10:11 PM
"Why are ya bothering with me - MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN."

C'mon, Abrahams! You we're doing so well until I heard that! I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it but this trailer has done more harm than good. Infact, it was shit.

Any chance we can have a Deep Space Nine movie instead?:cool:

Zocky
02-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh now that would be awesome, DS9 movie! I never understood why they never made movie on ds9, it had such a potencial with this war with dominion. And besides, I think captaion Benjamin Sisko, especially in final seasons, was one hell of a captain, defenetly one of the best (to me) st character.

And besides, i think ds9 had the best crew overall. I can't choose who was better; Kira, Odo, Quark, Bashir, Garak....all were great characters.

Boone
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Re: Zocky.

I'm currently re-watching the seasons as I kind of passed up on Star Trek at the time(TNG was really annoying), though I did enjoy DS9 as much as the original series. Nearly at the end of Season 3 and by Khan its a pretty good show!

And yes, Avery Brooks is a damn fine captain!:beer:

JayHoo
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
And besides, i think ds9 had the best crew overall. I can't choose who was better; Kira, Odo, Quark, Bashir, Garak....all were great characters.

Maybe Garak, because in one scene he is the friendly tailor and everybodies friend and in the other scene he is secret service guy who could kill you in one second. :cool:

Or Bashir, the guy wihout confidence but later he shows his "evil" side because he was "optimized".

The death of Dax was definetly one of the sadest moments in trek history.

DS9 was so good. I miss it....

Boone
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
The death of Dax was definetly one of the sadest moments in trek history.

As a teenager I took an oath before God that I would marry Terry Farrell!:love:

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.