PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen - SuperBowl Teaser Trailer

Antropus
02-01-2009, 08:39 AM
edit2:
480p, 720p and 1080p videos at Apple.com:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersrevengeofthefallen/

edit:
ok, seems like there's an official video at MTV's website now. There's also a link to the 720p version in there. Check it out: http://www.mtv.com/videos/movie-trailers/337562/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen.jhtml

-Kris

AdrianLazar
02-01-2009, 08:50 AM
I can't wait to see the movie :D

shy-guy
02-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Looks sweet. If someone could give some valium to Bay when hes filming and editing the action sequences this time,i think that ill be happy :)

KaDDD
02-01-2009, 09:39 AM
thanks so much Kris

see ya buddy

kadeg

paintbox
02-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Woooooo..... nice.....

Seems like they are going for the same atmosphere, but this time the story will be a bit darker. Great lighting btw where prime jumps on the huge transformer.

ParamountCell
02-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Yay I love giant robots!

JoshBowman
02-01-2009, 11:15 AM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QAujq_F_AD0

Here's a higher quality one on youtube...looks like a bunch of great eyecandy.

ConceptStingray
02-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Antropus,can we expect stuff like images of transformers since youre a modeler of the movie?
/Paulius

playmesumch00ns
02-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Giant robots + megan fox = all kinds of awesome

Helgi
02-01-2009, 02:14 PM
This looks epic! I can't wait for the movie.

ChewyPixels
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see this one in the cinema. :bounce:

rblitz7
02-01-2009, 04:52 PM
The only thing that would make this movie better would be if it was in 3D, haha, idk maby.
How much involvement did you have on this movie Antropus? Because I know there's plenty of other movie's you could be working on.

BookMansBlues
02-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I think it looks pretty cool, and knowing Bay will be a very fun ride.

kelgy
02-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Dont care about the movie at all but I like the one eyed quadruped robot walking on the beach(the video I watched was really poor, so if its not a beach, and not a robot with one eye, forgiveness is requested).

hakanpersson
02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice in so many ways!

Tranformers 1 was actually rather poor, or at least not a very good movie. But just by being so insanely massive it was probably one of my most memorable movie experience so far. Think of Bay's movies what you want, but he sure is a talent when it comes down to action... and add some ILM eye candy and we have ourselves a ride:D

Intervain
02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I like the dark feel of this one...looking good!

Antropus
02-01-2009, 11:31 PM
thanks so much Kris
see ya buddy
kadeg
Hey man! How's life back home?
Congrats on the job well done!

Antropus,can we expect stuff like images of transformers since youre a modeler of the movie?
/Paulius

Nah, I just posted the links because this was the only Superbowl trailer still lacking in our list and already available in several websites. I'm sure they will make more images available when they think is the right moment.

rblitz7,
I wish I could say more now but I can't. In a couple of months I'll be able to do so.

-Kris

Kentaro
02-02-2009, 06:10 AM
If Megatron is not in this movie I'll be greatly upset

Summer 09 hurry up and get here

JTerada
02-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Can't wait to see it! I think I saw Ravage? IDK

RoninCGT
02-02-2009, 01:09 PM
The ILM eye candy is what I paid money to see in the first movie,and I't seem like it's going to be 1uped the second time around.I just hope they do a better job of the human characters in the story this time.

Boone
02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
The ILM eye candy is what I paid money to see in the first movie,and I't seem like it's going to be 1uped the second time around.I just hope they do a better job of the human characters in the story this time.

Quoted for agreement.

Lordiego01
02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
For what its worth, I really hope the VFX teams gets the oscar this year. I think they really deserved it for the first movie.

Either way... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!

ivanisavich
02-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I shat a brick when I saw how huge that 2-wheeler guy was. I cannot wait for this movie!

stage-gr
02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
oh my!
explosions!!:bounce:

Venkman
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I just hope they do a better job of the human characters in the story this time.

Too bad ILM can't help with that. ;)

Hordak
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Great CG, crap director and almost certain it's a crap story as well.

Let's top it all with a good looking but crap actor.

The story of too many hollywood movies now a days.

Antropus
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
480p, 720p and 1080p videos at Apple.com:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersrevengeofthefallen/

-Kris

Wilson-3d
02-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Sweet! Lookin forward to this one.

gingamonkey
02-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Big effin robots, cool motors and guns...... And Megan Fox!

What more could a guy ask for (sorry ladies!) :D

Direct links for those with work/internet/firewall issues....

1080p (http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/transformers2/transformersrevengeofthefallen-sbspot_h1080p.mov)
720p (http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/transformers2/transformersrevengeofthefallen-sbspot_h720p.mov)
480p (http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/transformers2/transformersrevengeofthefallen-sbspot_h480p.mov)

Joss
02-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Looks sweet. If someone could give some valium to Bay when hes filming and editing the action sequences this time,i think that ill be happy :)

Wha-? Hell no, bring it on! Bay got my vote when he had the one robot ripping through the bus in the first movie. Kick ass! Can't wait to see what Terminator Salvation brings us too!

thethule
02-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Crappy first film and this one will almost certainly lack in the story dept. but DAMN, that shot of the transformer busting through the wall, rolling and turning into a car was amazing. fantastic sense of motion and speed!....

Marc

Venkman
02-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Whoever does the sound design on the transformers deserves a raise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjQZEnBzW0E

Those effects make everything WAY cooler. The trailer had awesome sound work in it, as always.

Antropus
02-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Don't know what to say about the comments on "lacking of depth" of story and characters. For me it works this way (and you are free to disagree):
If I go to a Heavy Metal/Hard Rock concert, I'm expecting to listen VERY loud guitars, drums, voice, bass etc. It's visceral. I don't go to a Heavy Metal rock concert expecting to hear some "Bossa Nova" or any other genre of music other than it actually is. This way, I see Transformers as a huge rock concert, loud, energetic, action packed and if I'm expecting anything other than that then I am the one in the wrong place, not the rock band :shrug:

I totally respect your opinions. I'm just expressing my personal point of view on this matter.
If you accept it for what it is, you will have a blast, trust me.

-Kris

Hordak
02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Don't know what to say about the comments on "lacking of depth" of story and characters. For me it works this way (and you are free to disagree):
If I go to a Heavy Metal/Hard Rock concert, I'm expecting to listen VERY loud guitars, drums, voice, bass etc. It's visceral. I don't go to a Heavy Metal rock concert expecting to hear some "Bossa Nova" or any other genre of music other than it actually is. This way, I see Transformers as a huge rock concert, loud, energetic, action packed and if I'm expecting anything other than that then I am the one in the wrong place, not the rock band :shrug:

I totally respect your opinions. I'm just expressing my personal point of view on this matter.

-Kris

I hear you, but I still expect the loud music and lyrics to tell me a good story.

There's absolutly no reason that an action based, fast paced movie with exceptional cg can't have depth and great story.

When I see movies like the first Transformers I get the feeling that the people behind it know, that great cg and fanbased material will get the money rolling and therefore just doesn't bother with the extra work.

I am the type of person that feels art needs to be respected and I while I feel the cg artists and editors create great art, I don't feel the producers and the director respect what they do, or add to the mixture.

They create a product, not a piece of art.
A movie like Transformers could've have been the highest form of visual storytelling imo, but it gets killed by a mediocre approach to the story and characters.

visionmaster2
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Congrats to you Antropus and all the team !
mega big up to you KaDDD :beer:.
jespere que tu pourras montrer des trucs, apres que le film sera sorti !

Larry_g1s
02-03-2009, 12:23 AM
SAWEET!!! Loved the first one, and looking forward to this one!

depleteD
02-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Anyone who doesnt like this move or thinks its going to be anything less than ****ing increible is stupid

Hordak
02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Anyone who doesnt like this move or thinks its going to be anything less than ****ing increible is stupid

thanks mate:thumbsup:

DDS
02-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I just go to the theatre to watch some freakin amazing effects with great surround sound to maek it more appealing.

I agree though, from my point of view (and most critics too), this movie can't be considered good cinema, just a visual spectacle.

DDS
02-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Tranformers 1 was actually rather poor, or at least not a very good movie. But just by being so insanely massive it was probably one of my most memorable movie experience so far. Think of Bay's movies what you want, but he sure is a talent when it comes down to action... and add some ILM eye candy and we have ourselves a ride:D

That kinda defines how I feel about it :)

Helgi
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Sweet jebus! I just saw the HD trailer and damn... it looks so nice!

I agree with Antropus about you have to accept this movie for what it is, it is action and power. It is just good entertainment, if it can entertain me for those 2 hours I'm happy, the first one had me sitting on the edge of my seat the whole way through.

AdrianLazar
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I agree with Antropus about you have to accept this movie for what it is, it is action and power.

I can agree with that but the problem is the PG-13 rating, I mean all those bad-ass robots fighting, destroying entire cities and not a single drop of blood, not a single dead body? (at least in Transformers 1) It just looks silly. This stupid rating rules are ruining a lot of movies.

Lordiego01
02-03-2009, 01:54 PM
I holeheartedly agree with Antropus. Anybody hoping for deep, philosophical meaning to this film is simply setting themselves up for dissapointment.

The movie will be what it is, and AWESOME, summer blockbuster, popcorn flik, chock-ful of the most amazing vfx as of date; created solely to rake in as much money as possible.

I don't go to my car-mechanic and ask him to "take a look at this rash on my arm", and I won't go to my dentist expecting he's gonna install a new muffler of my car.

I'm going to go see TF2 just to have my eyes bleed at the VFX, and then be healed by the beauty of Megan Fox. Understanding that the rest of the movie will happen between these sequences. Thats it.

STANER
02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I can agree with that but the problem is the PG-13 rating, I mean all those bad-ass robots fighting, destroying entire cities and not a single drop of blood, not a single dead body? (at least in Transformers 1) It just looks silly. This stupid rating rules are ruining a lot of movies.

I JUST HATE PG-13 RATING FOR ACTION PACKED MOVIES...! For example can you guys imagine if ROBOCOP1 was a PG-13 movie

kelgy
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
No one sane would expect deep meaning from Transformers.

But if you arent familiar with all of Bay's work and think Spielberg is going to be more hands on like he used to be with movies that he executive produced, then you expect something like a Small Soldiers, Gremlins, or at worst, a Masters of the Universe with a much bigger fx budget.
Nothing deep, just a recycled story you have seen lots of times in different packages. Boy meets girl, boy meets special effects creatures who help him get girl, etc.

I definitely aimed too high.

I was most disappointed that the robot scenes were mostly either intended for comedy or style.
Bay didnt like flying motorbikes in the Island(I think there were some in there, it was hard to be sure), and he doesnt like giant robots as characters, even supporting characters, from the way he directed those sequences. Hide robot behind house, hide robot behind street, hide robot in sand, move camera away from robot, etc.

It looks like there is less of that this time around.
Hopefully.

circusboy
02-03-2009, 06:08 PM

-Kris
I agree in general. However when the rock concert is with an awsome memorable experience -say NIN was the last one I really enjoyed- then it stays with you long after the film/show/concert leaves town. Say like Alien/Aliens, and many other action 'classics'.

Meanwhile you can still get a 'rock and roll' show from these guys (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXLHgPcZuc)-but do you really want it?!:argh:

Just saying some rock concerts are light years better than others. So whats it gonna be-eh?! rock me dam it!:beer:

beaker
02-04-2009, 07:31 AM
I can agree with that but the problem is the PG-13 rating, I mean all those bad-ass robots fighting, destroying entire cities and not a single drop of blood, not a single dead body? (at least in Transformers 1) It just looks silly. This stupid rating rules are ruining a lot of movies.this is exactly how the comics and the cartoons we're. No blood, no dead bodies.

Kentaro
02-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I just think people have a disdain for Michael Bay type movies. All movies can't have the cinema calibur of "Grand Torino" or "Shawshank." The movie is still kick a$$ on it's own merits. It's a summer flick, there will be awesome scenes, the visuals and sound will rattle your pop corn, cool fight scenes and awesome explosions. What else do you want out of a Summer Movie. Good story? I laugh at the notion.

You people act as if Transformers was always had good story telling. It's a toy line for boys for peaks sake !that hit the ground running with some cool cartoons.

Speilberg/Michael Bay are going to make a kick butt summer movie. And ILM will provide the goodies. U want good story telling go read "The Catcher in the Rye."

Larry_g1s
02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
I can agree with that but the problem is the PG-13 rating, I mean all those bad-ass robots fighting, destroying entire cities and not a single drop of blood, not a single dead body? (at least in Transformers 1) It just looks silly. This stupid rating rules are ruining a lot of movies.You've gotta be kidding me. That never even once crossed my mind. It was a fun, action packed movie, with lots of eye candy, and a fun story to follow. Blood or no blood, dead bodies or no dead bodies,....I liked it!

U want good story telling go read "The Catcher in the Rye."lol...that's funny.

Tora_2097
02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Whoever does the sound design on the transformers deserves a raise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjQZEnBzW0E

Those effects make everything WAY cooler. The trailer had awesome sound work in it, as always.

That is so true.
I bought the bluray just because review sites praised it to be the most impressive video/audio showcase bluray. I was eager to try out my fresh HD equipment (PS3, Sony Bravia, Teufel Concept 5.1) and it completely. blew. me. away. I had high expectations and they were easily surpassed- especially in the audio department. Surround sound is way more impressive in a smaller room and the you'd better tape everything in place before the subwoofer kicks in. A stellar experience.

Benjamin

kelgy
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
U want good story telling go read "The Catcher in the Rye."

**That's a little extreme since its not even a film or genre story. I can just watch Small Soldiers, essentially Transformers in miniature, with the same father and executive producer, but more competent director.
Or if it has to be based on a toy cartoon, Masters of the Universe has a competent script and director if you can get past the 80s production values.

These kinds of summer movies are formula-so at the very least making a coherent script should be easy, unless Transformers' was meant to be a parody.

simoncheng
02-05-2009, 06:35 AM
anyone spotted devastastor?? :p

blenderhead
02-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Too bad ILM can't help with that. ;)

They could reduce the orangeness of Megan Fox's skin...yeuch.

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2009, 07:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.