PDA

View Full Version : Object: LianLi Computer

takshaka
06-28-2003, 05:47 PM
hey all..

this started out as a metal test, i sit next to this thing all day and noticed the cool brushed metal caseing, so i thought i'd try'd to replicate it. simple stuff but i just wanted to start posting some of my pics here......i'd be very grateful for any c&c although i probably wont change it....gotta move on....thanks....kane.

http://www.btinternet.com/~michael.thexton/putaWeb1.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~michael.thexton/webWire.jpg

MovieRelics
06-28-2003, 05:53 PM
I like the metal. If you did this in Maya, I'd love to check out the shader network you created. But it looks really nice. Good work.

Silver Sliver
06-28-2003, 06:54 PM
This is just real! :applause:

canavan
06-28-2003, 09:44 PM
i am having a hard time imagining that to be 3d. The contrast and general feel of it is so real. Can i see the wires, and if this is 3d, then wow man, wow. Also great DOF effect, the blur for perspective is really well placed. It gives it amazing depth. WIRES WIRES WIRES!!!

--chris

DSedov
06-28-2003, 09:49 PM
great material work.

canavan: Trust me - it is 3d =) Look at the way shadow destribute as well as there is no caustic reflection of the comuter case. Another thing is the wires that give away its 3d. The rest position just doesnt seam right, you can almost feel how he was messing with the extrude path to add randomness.

Maplewood54
06-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Yeah, the artwork is incredible, but on a side note, you have a sweet looking computer at work!! :drool:

canavan
06-28-2003, 11:57 PM
well in anycase (no pun intended --haha :/ ) its amazing 3d work. Great photorealism. I would still love to see some wires tho :):thumbsup:

afimisf
06-29-2003, 12:02 AM
I like it. I love the reflection of the keyboard and cords. Awesome job on the brushed metal :applause:

gumpymaker
06-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Nice.:wavey:

Zeruel the 14th
06-29-2003, 05:16 AM
I don't own a LianLi. But i know one when i see one. And to me, it looks like an LL, therefore it must be.

Now all it needs is an insane case mod...^^

takshaka
06-29-2003, 06:09 PM
thanks for all your comments.....

i have lightened the floor a little for a slight caustic effect....i really appreciate any comments, there are several things i'd like to tweak in the image but like i said gotta move on....i have also added a wire........done with max 5 (scanline render/lighttracer) 3 passes...lil photoshop for textures and comping...

thanks for your time....kane...

IronSRS
06-29-2003, 06:31 PM
yeah!
i like it..almost real!
respekt! :wavey:

Sinkywinky
06-29-2003, 06:35 PM
The floppy drive light is on but there's no disk in it. ;)

mgen
06-29-2003, 06:58 PM
very nice picture.

my question is how you achieve those nice glowing led's?
it seems you used point lightsources, is this correct?
i'd solve this problem with texture glowing - so i'm
interested in hearing your solution..

takshaka
06-29-2003, 07:09 PM
hey...year the floppy drive light is on but no floppy in the drive...guess i must have a floopy disk ghost!!or maybe it's broken........btw it's a ls120 disk...the neons were done with a simple falloff material in the self illumination slot, adjusting the output settings, high specular and an omni light with a small decay value to light the surrounding area a bit...

once again thanks for your time.........kAne

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.