PDA

View Full Version : my computer be teh poo!

bellie
05-03-2002, 02:34 PM
hey hey people :( i got a question about my computer and was wondering if anyone could help
i got an
aopen ax6bcpro mobo (yes old)
cellery 800 (yes old)
geforce 2 16bit card (im quite the newbie so that might not make sense)
two 64 sticks of ram

well my copm just died on me.. i dont know why.. so i bought a new case because my computer fan didnt work (not the cpu fan) and so i thought that buying a new cse might help.. it didnt.. before it died it wouldnt make any sounds on boot.. my monitor wouldnt turn on (itd stay on that orangey light that it goes to when comps off) ... i transfered to the new case.. stuck in cpu.. one stick of ram.. grpahics card.. linked the little things that go into the bottom of your mobo.. and still my computer doesnt work.. still no sound etc..

i puilled out my old speaker from my old case and stuck it into my mobo and still no sound... took it to my brothers computer and it works (it beeps on startup).. took out my brothers geforce and still the screen doesnt turn on my computer... my geforce works on his computer too..

i was wondering if anybody could help.. im suspecting it might be the motherboard because the power lighhts dont turn on either when i turn the copmuter on or reset (and im guessing i put it in the right place.. you cant get too wrong if you follow the manual :p) mm.. if anybody could help that would be much appreciated!!
cheers

Rabid pitbull
05-03-2002, 06:58 PM
does sound like your board is dead.... good news is you can buy a board/processor pretty cheap, you may want to add some more ram, even better ddr ram if it isnt already.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.