PDA

View Full Version : forum attachment question?

nessjp
06-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Why is it that I used to be able to go to this forum and see all jpg and gif pics and such, but now I Need to hit the "view attachment" link to see these?

Rabid pitbull
06-28-2003, 05:08 PM
make sure you are logged in. Also if the image was inserted using the http:// function instead of IMG, then it will be a link....

most likely you just forgot to login. :)

nessjp
06-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Nope, that's not it.
I always log in.

Thanks

nessjp
06-28-2003, 05:18 PM
I am curious, because of one that I recently inserted. It was just a JPG from the browse attachment function which is how I always do it.
This time I get the "view attachment" link, but they normally appear directly below my post?

Hmmm....

Steve Warner
06-28-2003, 05:49 PM
I think they've changed the way attachements are handled, as I'm getting the same results as you are. Probably an effort to reduce server strain. :shrug:

nessjp
06-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Steve Warner
I think they've changed the way attachements are handled, as I'm getting the same results as you are. Probably an effort to reduce server strain. :shrug:

Thanks Steve Warner!
Just wanted to be sure that it was not just me.
Recently did an upgrade to Zone Alarm pro version 4 from version 3. Thought maybe that had something to do with itt, but everything else is fine. No big deal though.

Captain
06-28-2003, 06:46 PM
I too have gotten the same results. What i have noticed is the few images that still remain viewable from the thread without clicking a link are not attachments, but rather being Brought from another site...

-Captain

leigh
06-29-2003, 01:08 AM
Yeah, the attachments sometimes get switched to links to reduce server strain :)

grafikdon
07-01-2003, 11:59 AM
That solved a lot of mysteries 'cause I couldn't get any pic below my posts.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.