PDA

View Full Version : stretch spline 3d Max

BigMacchia
01-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi,
I try to stretch bones ( by scale expression) but when I do this, bones don't follow the spline...
some one could help me?
is there some tutorial or similar for to do a stretch iKspline?

thanks to everyone...

bye
teddy

RodBiffi
01-31-2009, 07:06 PM
The catch is to use the curveLength function to monitor the actual length of the spline while manipulating the x_position of the bones in the chain, enabling them to fill in the gap to the SplineIK Solver.

I've seen this applied in Maya riggings. If there is no one for Max on the Web I can volunteer myself to write (or record) a tutorial. It's that I just don't like to reinvent the wheel.

shalabology
01-31-2009, 10:10 PM
i strongly recommend you reviewing the rigging tutorial in max 6 tutorial reference in the section of setting up stretchy spine you will find very useful formula that u can manipulate for your benefit , revise it and u will get ur needs .

Polimeno
02-02-2009, 05:43 AM
The catch is to use the curveLength function to monitor the actual length of the spline while manipulating the x_position of the bones in the chain, enabling them to fill in the gap to the SplineIK Solver.

I've seen this applied in Maya riggings. If there is no one for Max on the Web I can volunteer myself to write (or record) a tutorial. It's that I just don't like to reinvent the wheel.

hey man,
i┤m really interesting to see your aproach about this.
=)

seeya

ola amigo,
eu adoraria de ver sua tÚcnica sobre isso.
abrašo !

PEN
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
I cover a stretchy spine in my second DVD as well and there is also information in the help files.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.