PDA

View Full Version : Character: Mei

rmatlchans
06-28-2003, 08:02 AM
Hi, all.

I have made this character and still going on.
What I wanna have is that an asian looking female character.

Forthemore, what she is going to do is such an advanture in my reel.

here is two post from view, and it just faces rigging and making blend shape.

[ Front / Side ]

http://october10s.com/gal/mei_orth.jpg

[ Pers ]

http://october10s.com/gal/mei_per.jpg

rmatlchans
06-28-2003, 08:12 AM
Some add..

I use maya 4.0.

My point of this post is if the geometry have to be fixed.

For the Blend shape --> the geometry of face

For the rig --> I worry about KNEE~!!!!

And, when the toruso and the shirt are skined together, would they can go smoothly..?? I mean, two seperated and overlaped geometry can be binded without any problem..??

I had tried once and I just noticed its SO HARD!!!

So, for this time I wanna delet some part of it where is covered by other overlaped skin.

[ face ]

http://october10s.com/gal/mei_face.jpg

Just one more thing~!!

If you need to see other view in order to judge something on this, please let me know.

HapZungLam
06-28-2003, 06:12 PM
I can't picture it when it is in Shaded or render. Would you post one which is rendered?

2ndly, i guess she will have a big problem with riggin. I don't know about her skin under her sweater. But from what i see, around her shoulder and her neck doesn't have proper edge loops to support all her bends.. Even there has too much trianges going along all her joins. You'll have a very big problem with it later on. I strongly recommand you reconstruct her structure before you get into too deep

BlueCougar
06-28-2003, 11:52 PM
Quick comment.
Her entire upper body needs to be moved back to center her weight over her legs. You also have her in excess of 7 heads tall. That would make her quite the basket ball player at 7+ feet tall.

http://www.bluecougarstudios.com/focus_crits/mei_side_correction.jpg

Kenn

>edit< Looking at it, after moving the upperbody I would choose everything except her face which looks like it was modeled either first or seperately and then scale the rest of the body down to match the size of her face..>/edit<

jeremybirn
06-29-2003, 01:41 AM
Head design looks really good from the front! The profile seems like it could use some more work though. Those ears seem too narrow from the side, as if they should extend twice as far back. These comments may be premature though: I'm only looking at the base mesh, it would be great to see it smoothed and rendered without the visible wireframe.

-jeremy

BlueCougar
06-29-2003, 03:36 AM
Alright here's feedback on the front view as well. The arms are too long for her proportionally. Her fingertips should meet the middle of the length of her thigh.

http://www.bluecougarstudios.com/focus_crits/mei_front_correction.jpg

Kenn

rmatlchans
06-29-2003, 06:08 AM
Th..thanks so much everybody who gave me this comments!!

This is really great.. I am so much impressed :cry:

I haven't got such this detailed ctrits and explanes about my modeling..

Thanks so much.

I will fix all the things that all of you gave me.

GOD BLESS YOU!!

rmatlchans
06-29-2003, 06:11 AM
jeremybirn, HapZungLam //

I'm sorry. I'm now working at my part-time job.

I will do the render and post them as soon as I got home.

Thanks.

Mattrne
06-29-2003, 07:12 PM
One crit I have, is that her legs in the side view especially dont taper enough where they met the bottom of her shorts - her legs look a bit too cylindrical - they could do with getting wider as they get closer to her bottom...

Keiyentai
07-06-2003, 11:56 AM
I think it looks reall cool :D

Though like Ken pointed out she should be abit shorter and the arms are long. Other than that I cant really notice anything I dont like. Cant wait to see a rendered version.

rmatlchans
07-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Oh..............my............god...
WHat can I say..

I think, I can't update this thread for a while.. (can be long..)

I don't wanna put any personal things here, but I got a problem.

My room mate had moved out from my apatment and he cut the connection for the Internet.

So, simply I coould say... no more internet for me at my home where I mainly work on any of my cg stuff.

Here I am posting this is an Internet cafe near by my home.

I will update this soon or later then, I will all fix that I got here from cool guys.

Sorry and thanks!

Soulstorm
07-06-2003, 05:19 PM
crit: there is a poly overkill in the pants

wedge
07-11-2003, 03:22 AM
with the shirt being as loose as it is, there really shouldn't be so much definition on her breasts.

tomb
07-11-2003, 05:01 AM
Looking nice although you need to work on the proportions. Check out the ref comparison from www.fineart.sk attached *nudity warning*...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.