PDA

View Full Version : Mudbox 2009 SP1 Video: Real Time Normal Map Viewing Demo

DarthWayne
01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Mudbox 2009 SP1 Video: Real Time Normal Map Viewing Demo

Video Download link (http://dashdotslash.net/Mudbox2k9/RealTimeNormalDemo.rar)

Here's another demo vid I was asked to record by Autodesk showing the amazing real time normal map preview function added in Service Pack 1. Meaning you can paint on your low res mesh while viewing your normal map as well as all your other maps in REAL TIME. This video shows not only how to set it up (its very easy to do) and the amazing quality thats probably the best I've seen for a real time preview.

While it may not seem to be the most 'sexy' feature its a very useful and very powerful one in the right hands.

Wayne...

Venkman
01-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Nah, that is sexy. I'm such a geek. Thanks for your continued support via these awesome vids.

DarthWayne
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Nah, that is sexy. I'm such a geek. Thanks for your continued support via these awesome vids.

LOL and I thought I was the only person weird enough... very cool and very useful.

Wayne...

Mahlon
02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Guess I'm weird, too. Thanks for posting. Can't wait to try it.

M.

BColbourn
02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
its funny how many strange people there are. i enjoyed it very much as well. incredibly impressive stuff mudbox is turning into, barely need photoshop anymore for this this sort of game work.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.