PDA

View Full Version : Gambit, X-men Image thingie

Captain
06-28-2003, 03:48 AM
Here, plenty of people are looking at this in the Gallery of Cgtalk, but no one is commenting. And since you here at Lightwave seem more likley, here is something i made with lightwave.

heres the thread
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72426

heres the image
http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/3d/GambitAce.jpg

-Captain

btw, if the link isnt working for you, please tell me

Emmanuel
06-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, erm, what do You exspect to hear ?
Nice mapping ? No offense, its just that there's nothing to talk about on that image...

Jonathan
06-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Don't fret it Captain. It's just the way things go around here.

Arte
06-28-2003, 11:15 PM
Ok you want some comments. Nice drawing, very cool.

As for your image, your lighting needs work:)

Create some funky highlites on the card to emphasise the depth.

The smokey thing is weird. It might look nice if it was more wispy.

X

aurora
06-29-2003, 02:54 PM
OK, heres my two cents worth. I think it needs a little more depth to it. Heres what I would play with personally. His eyes seem alittle flat and somewhat displaced from him. The second thing is the cloud texture. It seems to me like the card is infront of the cloud with noise on top of it instead of truely within it. I would try rendering the cloud seperate, blurring it alittle to smooth it abit and then play with comp'ing it back to the card/background and tweak it till it looks good across both the card and the black background. What I might try to do since I like the cloud effect alot for this image, try giving it alittle bit more complexity. Since I would try comp'ing the image I might try creating a second or even a third cloud slightly different in texture and color, maybe more wispy. Render them seperatly and then comp those in ever so slightly to add to the effect but not steal the show. Keep us updated if you do make any changes. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.