PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Question

timsvw
06-28-2003, 04:19 AM
Would anyone know the easiest way of going about modeling the attached image. It is a dome made up of triangles. I tried just triangulating a sphere but it does not seem to be as easy as taht.

Thank You for any help.

Tim

NanoGator
06-28-2003, 04:38 AM
The simple way would be to make a sphere with the "Tessellation" option selected instead of Globe. Then, use bevel a couple of times to make the shape.

If you want a more detailed shape, then what you do is make the tess sphere like I just described, then pick out a really small section of it that'd be easy to do the math on to use the 'clone tool' with to build the sphere. THen build a really small section of it using a series of pipes etc.

That sorta make sense?

SplineGod
06-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Something like this? Its done with a plugin called Truss2

timsvw
06-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys. That is exactly what I was looking for Larry. I will have to download that plug-in.

Thanks again for all the help

Tim

timsvw
07-01-2003, 02:29 PM
I downloaded the lscript but it says I need to update my lscript. Not sure what this means. Also the file has a .lsc extension. I have only seen the .ls extension so I am not sure what to make of that either. Thank you for any help.

Tim

SplineGod
07-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Its working for me. I would make sure you do have the most uptodate version of Lscript.

Maxx
07-01-2003, 07:53 PM
There are two versions of Truss floating around - only Truss2 seems to work with LW 7.5c. However, if it's asking you to upgrade your LScript, it doesn't sound like you're running 7.5c - check the older version of the plug (I think it's called just Truss). BTW - .lsc is a compiled L-Script file. I don't code LScript, so I'm not sure what the difference is, but there should be no difference in the usage of the files.

HTH

timsvw
07-02-2003, 01:45 AM
I updated to 7.5c and it did the trick. Truss2 is a great plugin. Thanks for all the help guys.

Tim

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.