PDA

View Full Version : Endomorph help - Please

aurora
06-28-2003, 04:12 AM
I have a interesting problem I swear I conquered once. What I want to do is have a base object. Create a new morph. Apply my changes to the objects geometry (keep the same point/poly count of course.) Then I want to create a second new morph where the start point is the end point of the previous morph. Then a third starting at the end of the second and so forth. One would have thought that this would be simple and it probably is I just can't seem to get it to work. I thought I could get 'Bkg to Morph' to do this but opps, wrong again. Any clues, hints, help? FWIW, the base geometry is VERY complex so trying to recreate the morphs by hand at each morph iteration is as close to impossible as you want to get.

Cman
06-28-2003, 04:31 AM
I just did it.
Select a morph in bottom corner you want to start from.
Open Vertex Map Panel.
Right click on "checked" morph and select Copy
Then you rename it and a copy of that morph appears with the new name.

NanoGator
06-28-2003, 04:39 AM
There's a tool called 'Apply Morph' that would not only help you here, but it'd also be useful in otehr areas related to this. ;)

DigiLusionist
06-28-2003, 05:43 AM
Leave the Morph Map on the map you want to start from. Then select Copy Morph from the menu bar..

It'll copy the current VMorph Map and let you can name the new morph whatever you want.

aurora
06-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks guys. I found my problem It was the copy map tool that I needed and I somehow deleted it when I rearranged my layout for a faster/easier animation workflow for me. Duhh!!!!!!!
NanoGator - thanks for the tip on the 'APlly Morph' tool. I have to admit I had never used that one before! That is a powerful little beast of sorts!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.