PDA

View Full Version : (--in Sight Of Apocalypse--), Daniel Conway (2D)

DanielConway
06-28-2003, 01:59 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/31874/Apocalypse_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/31874/Apocalypse.jpg)

This image was inspired by a dream i had a week ago, the image shows the clearest thing i remember.
A bright light filled the sky and smoke swept through the city...i then had a close up of a guy, not sure if it was supposed to be me or not but i watched in the reflection of his goggles as the figures grew and disintergrated, then suddenly everything started to break apart and slowly float away in the wind.

VERY STRANGE

not entirely sure what is means but ive got my own thoughts on that.

anyway i hope you like it

Girn26
06-28-2003, 02:19 AM
you had a dream of 911, and a weird guy came up protecting himself from anthrax.

Girn26
06-28-2003, 02:20 AM
its good though :thumbsup:

DanielConway
06-28-2003, 02:24 AM
:eek: maybe your right ...didnt see it like that..but it seems to fit...hmm

Captain
06-28-2003, 02:30 AM
Wow, that is some beautifull work man! Congrats :D!
I Think the dream has seomthing to do with popcorn. But then again, I think alot of things have to do with popcorn. Everytime I have weird dreams like that, I wake up and feel like eatin some popcorn...perhaps thats just me, but keep up that work, friggen Bad Ass!

-Captain

Sceme
06-28-2003, 10:19 AM
i love it too...the whole thing, city and that broking glass....wow!!

ADiSH
06-28-2003, 11:05 AM
its very good, but maybe the broken glasses should be less broken..?

nice..:thumbsup:

R.L.M
06-28-2003, 12:39 PM
AMAZING!!
I love the Reflection of the ppl on the right eye..!
very good..:applause:

DanielConway
06-28-2003, 09:11 PM
thanks for comments people... much appreciated:)

DSedov
06-28-2003, 09:53 PM
AMAZING!!!! It has a Dali touch to it. Reminds me of his paintng . Watches At moment when they break or something like that (cant remember te name.

Dreamwave
06-28-2003, 10:06 PM
great work, excellent detail

heavyness
06-28-2003, 11:32 PM
the only thing that strikes me weird is the eye. i would figure it little more open or strained. if this is all going on around this person, i think they would be more scared. he/she looks to calm... but that's just me.

but very nice. reminds me of Pink Floyd : The Wall.

JamesDeschenes
06-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Cool Reminds me of Terminator II

I can't find any problems myself becuase the picture is quite styleized and I like it.

Quikp51
06-29-2003, 12:06 AM
You had a dream about the movie 28 Days Later and that's Manchester ablaze behind you.

Jones_Stork
06-29-2003, 12:10 AM
And it reminds me somehow about WTC....
This smoke in the city....

Anyway, there is something very deep in that picture...

visualboo
06-29-2003, 12:14 AM
wow.... very nice.

I agree with DSedov about Dali. A deffinite hint of his style.

Per-Anders
06-29-2003, 12:16 AM
That is one disturbing image and dream... I guess we all grew up being promised the end of the world, let's just hope we don't get it.

Very well executed. Well done.

SimonReeves
06-29-2003, 12:22 AM
I guess we all grew up being promised the end of the world
sure whatever lights your candle

;)

nice painting, I can never remember stuff from my dreams, only in a slight deja-vous kinda way

It definetly reminded me of seeing smoke like that thrrugh new york

and I can see why people think it has dali style :)

niice

Per-Anders
06-29-2003, 12:26 AM
hehe, i guess you never read Englands Dreaming.

gumpymaker
06-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Great image.

stickyblue
06-29-2003, 12:35 AM
freaky!

when i saw it , i just thought about a meteor disaster and a nuclear war. weird ....

its great art tho! nice job

MosaFacku
06-29-2003, 12:36 AM
looks to me like you're dreaming of half life 2 :surprised

cool stuff.

mage111
06-29-2003, 01:17 AM
its beautiful i really like it, lot of emotion in it, great work

Ac0rN
06-29-2003, 02:02 AM
Very intersting dream , I like the image to ! :thumbsup:

arvid
06-29-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by kole
the only thing that strikes me weird is the eye. i would figure it little more open or strained. if this is all going on around this person, i think they would be more scared. he/she looks to calm... but that's just me.

I would tend to agree, but my first thought was that the person gave up, was accepting the inevitable, or had allready died :cry:

If only dreams could be recorded :wise:
Great piece, makes you think :thumbsup:

sad
06-29-2003, 02:53 AM
to the artist: this is a very good picture! the best thing with dreams is that they are so perfect. they speak of most scary things in a very clear voice. they don't hold back or leave important details away. of course we cannot understand anything but it is a great thing in life even if it scares us.

opacity- you should take a look at 'project brainstorm', a movie with christopher walken. in some parts it was the father or mother of catharyne bigelows 'strange days'. these films are talking about recording of feelings and impressions. sorry but these movies don't contain recording of dreams, but you might like it anyway!

pgp_protector
06-29-2003, 03:19 AM
Love the pic, not shure what it is about it, but that is one of the pic I save to my pic folder for rotating through my desktop. Love it.

On a side note, If I drew my dreams I would probably be taken away :)

NileshXYZ
06-29-2003, 03:51 AM
Girn26 will u be me shink for my dreams too? if i pant u a image.

nice coloring, contrast, would go good in my Air Pollution director 8 multimeida exe for students.

lildragon
06-29-2003, 04:15 AM
Very nice image, speaks very loudly, but I can't help but think a tear or something would really push emotional buttons on this piece, I think it would take it to another level. But then again that probably wasn't in your dream :)

In my dreams I'm always running from danger :hmm:

-lild

pencil-head
06-29-2003, 04:42 AM
dispite what hidden meaning it may or maynot have, its a cool painting. the reflection of the two guys looks creepy but the broken glass doesn't look quite right to me. maybe some more bigger chunks.

Matt
06-29-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by lildragon
Very nice image, speaks very loudly, but I can't help but think a tear or something would really push emotional buttons on this piece, I think it would take it to another level.

I'm gonna disagree with that. He looks surprised, wondering, and possibly in fear of what is in front of him as it is. We cry in reflection, not in the moment. (Of whatever is happening in this scene.)

Good work, I really like the dust/debris moving through the city. I don't think we've ever seen smoke of that scale moving through a city, other than in Oklahoma City and in New York City. Even when buildings are demolished properly, 100% of all objects that create debris are stripped out of the structure first, so there isn't that much dust and debris to spread around, as what happened with the towers.

markw7
06-29-2003, 05:24 AM
Strong because of the juxtaposition of realworld (another 9-11) and dreamlike (loss of gravity, people made of paper) imagery. Although I always thought of 9-11-style destruction as science fiction before it happened. Scary.

singularity2006
06-29-2003, 06:19 AM
man, that is savagely cool... are u a professional painter?? This is something I would expect to see in a museum.... man, .... wow.

marcopio
06-29-2003, 06:31 AM
Great reproduction of your dream. It could be the next big war?

Rhino169
06-29-2003, 06:34 AM
Definately like the image...It pushes the disturbed button inside of me. :sad:
When this happens, I usually use humor to balance out the negative emotion. It reminds me of what happens after Godzilla eats a Taco Bell restuarant.:D

NanoGator
06-29-2003, 06:40 AM
So that's how Harry Potter got his scar!

(very nice!)

Aldaryn
06-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Beautiful work indeed...
Hits me like a shockwave shot out of a near nuclear blast. :) :buttrock:
Great work, and makes you think a lot about the world.

IMO the image has that typical "fallout" feeling, maybe because of the design of the respirator, a bit of a 1960's sci-fi vision.
The man's head falling apart reminds me of a Dali painting he painted after he saw an A-bomb explosion, or he heard about it - not sure of that....

Just one bit of critics: The man's right eye looks a bit wierd, there is a brihter ring in the iris soruonding the pupil....
Still, it's a professional painting... congartulations! :thumbsup:
I really wish I could remember my dreams....

l7d
06-29-2003, 08:21 AM
dude, ive seen yourstuff at DA... gotta love it!!!!
youve done so many of these awesome paintings its like you spend every day painting or are you just super quick!?

Eudaimic
06-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Good thing we have 9/11 so that everything that involves destruction and 'bad people' now finally have a name.

dimitrios_c
06-29-2003, 08:34 AM
I really like the painting. I often get inspired to put my dreams into artworks but rarely ever do. It truely is an image with hidden messages to make you think. :thumbsup: :applause:

Kulu_Kulu
06-29-2003, 08:35 AM
i don't how to exactly express what i would say (sorry for my poor english)

but woooo, what an inspiring story/experiment!!,
i looooooooove the mood and the scene

once, my doctor told me that in his long life, i had known 5 major and important dreams!
He described one of these for me and
yours is one of these dreams you have NOT to forget !!! :thumbsup:

"VERY STRANGE" <<< no you're a genious ^^

it's one of my favourite stills in the cgtalk's collection :love:

keep it up, and keep dreaming !!! :applause:

kulu

Refulgo
06-29-2003, 09:00 AM
wow!! the things on ur homepage is like :thumbsup:

Aose
06-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Your work very contain sense of vision pound at the dint, very great.

:thumbsup: :beer:

DKnight
06-29-2003, 11:55 AM
great work man :buttrock: only the huge difference in size of the small buildings left of the Bridge and the skyscrapers looks a little strange

Good thing we have 9/11 so that everything that involves destruction and 'bad people' now finally have a name.

as i can remember there was something "little" in HIROSHIMA many Years ago :annoyed:

Kid-Mesh
06-29-2003, 12:55 PM
Image is awesome :buttrock:

Just my 2 cents but in your dream it looks like your one of the guys wearing the mask's since you said you watched the reflection in his googles.

So its evidient that you are some how responsible for or responding to the tradegd that has just befallen upon you.

Regardless this is defintely eye candy.

DanielConway
06-29-2003, 04:18 PM
:eek: thankyou people for all the cool comments:)

Phrace
06-29-2003, 04:59 PM
overall feel of the painting is very nice....
technically well done...

but the ellipses of the mask should be revisited (right lower corner)...they aren't right...

Kel Solaar
06-29-2003, 05:04 PM
Great Picture! I love the color tones and all the details in the broken glass, maybe a background with more blue have produce more contrast. Good Job :buttrock:

Rhino169
06-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Checked out your site also and found even more great work!
www.ARCIPELLO.com
Definately worth looking at!:thumbsup:

Popsicle_g
06-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Love it. Very surreal mood for sure.

eh
06-29-2003, 07:25 PM
for some reason im reminded of something written by ecclesiates (probably butchered the spelling) "I came and saw under the sun that the race was not to the swift. Nor the battle to the strong. Neither yet bread to the wise nor wisdom to men of understanding but time and chance happeneth to them all." I might of missed out some lines but you get the idea

I also agree that a tear would not enhance the feel of the pic, the eye wide open give a sense of aww and a sureall feel to the pic.

tyryan
06-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Saw this on your site first...Great job as always, Keep up the great work:D

Matt
06-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by DKnight
as i can remember there was something "little" in HIROSHIMA many Years ago :annoyed:

Yeah, as I remember, it was them getting their butts kicked for doing us dirty and cowardly ambushing us at Pearl Harbor. Then again, I wouldn't remember because I'm only 21, so you tell me what happened on December 7th 1941.

Matt
06-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Rhino169
Checked out your site also and found even more great work!
www.ARCIPELLO.com
Definately worth looking at!:thumbsup:

I second that.

nObedienz
06-30-2003, 02:30 AM
This is just the perfect image. Period.

How your dream is percieved and your execution in the form of art, is simply brilliant. The way you tell us a thousands stories in this image is unbelievable.

I can't wait to see more work from you. *me goes and updates his bookmarks*

souleage
06-30-2003, 03:01 AM
Beautiful color & Sunlightings.........!

wah431996
06-30-2003, 04:10 AM
nice.....!!.....good!!.............:)

skyeywei
06-30-2003, 04:20 AM
great work !

TheFrumpster
06-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Where is it?:surprised

DKnight
06-30-2003, 11:18 AM
@ Matt : i send you pm about pearl harbour , evil ,...

not to make this thread off topic

little link for free thinkers : http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6315/pearl.html

:lightbulb : but remember : "conspiracy " theorys are not like FOX ,... they are written to make you think , not believe

krisr
06-30-2003, 02:12 PM
I think your site is down...can't see it.

KotsVlok
06-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Very well done, although i agree about the eye that should me more closed?...he seems to be in a pretty scary situation.

Originally posted by lildragon
in my dreams I'm always running from danger :hmm:

-lild

And lildragon, when i have those kinda dreams...i just turn around to those things/people and ask them what the f00k they want from me, most of the time the creatures turn into little small girls in my dreams when im waiting for an answer :D

Greencheese
06-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Great work.

jtk77
06-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Freaky stuff man, rang a chord with my own memorys.
I had a dream about pure destruction a week ago as well. I was telling some freinds about a guy sitting on a rock with stormy eyes and the whole world ripping apart behind him. he was rather gleefull about it. Kinda scary, but I think there are some folks that would enjoy anarchy.
A lot of us are probably sub-consiously aware of the current state of the world. More so than ever with the constant news stations compediting for viewers.
I really like the eyes and the fragments. Good expressive piece.

Chris Antonelle
06-30-2003, 04:28 PM
love love love it
i get so many ideas from my dreams - dreams are a wonderful resource
great job

adrencg
06-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Yo buddy...

Stop smoking that shit.

Nice work though

mike

adrencg
06-30-2003, 06:17 PM
I wanted to recreate my dream in LW, but quit when I found it extremely difficult to model Carmen Electra and Shakira.

Mike

The-3D-Data-Labs-Guy
06-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Thats some nice work.. though I think u should have done the background area a bit better. May be adding a few more details..
:thumbsup: Good work!

Shademaster
06-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Hmm I think your site is down, I can't see it. I'd really like to see it :shrug:
sorry.

DanielConway
06-30-2003, 10:42 PM
mysite hasnt gone down...try right clicking and do "show image" that might help:)

Shademaster
06-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Hey it works now! I am sorry, I couldn't see it a couple of minutes ago.
Woa that was one kickass dream you had there! It looks very psychedelic. Funny though, I never see faces in my dreams....never....
Great work and sorry for that.
:)

Intonater
07-30-2003, 05:19 AM
Nice work!:beer:

eRaDiCaT0r
07-30-2003, 10:40 AM
neat that you painted something that you dreamt of, I tend to remember but lose interest when I think too much about it. anyway, I recently saw this chinese movie called Legend of Zu, it has a shot of this chick that disentergrates like your painting, cool stuff, I believe they use maya for the effect. The fiery dudes reflecting off his glasses reminded me of Nausicaas God warriors who destroyed the world...hMm well I like finding stuff in peoples work like that. hehe.
Keep up the good work! which reminds me to start some :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.