PDA

View Full Version : XSI scripting/programing books

butachan
01-29-2009, 01:56 AM
I plan to start studying scripting for XSI.
I have knowledge on Object oriented programing and wanted to use that in XSI.
Is there any books out there that talk particularly about the functions, commands, and classes of XSI?
I can find tons of books on JScript or C++ but nothing on the particularities of XSI.

any help will be welcome.

PS: for those playing a drinking game....XSI.

ThE_JacO
01-29-2009, 02:42 AM
if you have previous programming knowledge and are serious about this, go straight the python way. Don't bother with JS or VBS.
Get dive into python (free ebook) and learning python by o'reilly, download a few scripts for XSI for reference, give yourself a sequence of increasingly complex projects to work on, and familiarize yourself with the sdk docs (which are very good these days). Best learning path I can recommend.

No scripting books out there, only a couple training videos, but I've never found them to be as necessary as for some other platforms.

butachan
06-17-2009, 02:38 PM
a very late answer but I don't like to leave a reply without a proper thank you. I did got those books and they were really usefull. So, thanks for the help, it was greatly appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2009, 02:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.