PDA

View Full Version : Bringing max bones into the mixer?

rcarr
01-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Can anyone help me with this?
Iam animating a character studio rig, where I linked 3 max bones to the 3 CS spine bones. The custom bones are the breathing bones for our character.
The custom bones have a xyz scale controler to it and is being controlled using the reaction manager.
With that said, I cant seem to get the custom bones with their animations into the mixer. So our character is not breathing in the mixer.
When I save out the biped animation i can see the custom bones are in the max objects but again it appears it did not get recorded when saving the .bip

Any help would be appreciated.

rcarr
01-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Well i finally was able to get custom bones into the mixer. But i had to remove my reactions i set up in reation manager. For some reason the reactions i set up were not being recoreded on the .xaf save. Not sure if this was intended from autodesk. Does anyone know how i can do the same thing with out using the reaction manager.

I started to use wire parameters but when i connect the expressions my control object moves away from its frozen state. So when i reset or transform the object back to its zero frozen state the object its controlling moves or scales as well. whats up with that?

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2009, 05:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.