PDA

View Full Version : Character: female head

mirkoj
06-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Ok, here is my second attempt in realistic human head (first one was like test to do-not to dos stuff :))
Wireframe only for now, mouth+jaw and eye are, rest is comming.
Few things about what to do and what to be avare off would be very helpfull.

http://www.anigraphstudio.com/wireframe01.jpg

Model is build in Maya5, following lightwave tutorial, Polys converted to SubDivision.
Eye area first, than mouth, than jaw. Connected jaw to mouth. Next will be nose and then connecting with mouth and jaws and then cheeks.
If you recknogize reference when model is finished than it's ok :)))

Goon
06-27-2003, 11:45 PM
Please post a picture displaying the poly proxy cage in shaded mode. Can sorta see what your mesh flow is but its not clear.

I'm going to guess this is angelina jolie ?

How much of an indent do you have at the center of the brow?

mirkoj
06-27-2003, 11:58 PM
Wireframe of SubD in Poly mode.

http://www.anigraphstudio.com/wireframe02.jpg

I tested some more things and run up into few problem with nose connecting to mouth and some minor problems with filling cheeks area.... will trie one other thing that just came up
Is there any problmes with eye brow area or?

Soulstorm
06-28-2003, 12:33 AM
first off i'd have to say that (IMO) you're not using the right approach for modelling a head in the way that you're doing it. its (again IMO) best to start with the outlines of the eye, then the mouth, and work your way to the cheek, forehead and nose, and eventually the rest of the head. but thats just the order i like to do it in, you should try it

mirkoj
06-28-2003, 01:25 AM
grrrr....
I stucked with connecting upper (eyes and nose area) and lower (mouth and jaws) area.... Maya just refuses to connect these two SubD parts... I mean I know what is it but don't know how to correct that right now...
well... I'll probably have to go back few steps and than again....
BTW, any sugestiongs about connecting two diferents SubD patches with diferent number of points on the border edges?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.