PDA

View Full Version : two different particles colliding.

Byteman3D
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm working on a particle system animation. The concept is fairly simple but I couldnt get the effect I want- I want two different particle systems to collide just like interparticle collisions:

There are two particles sources. (One for chemical X and one for chemical Y-When two chemicals collide, they should dissappear) So the particles of one source will collide and just die (preferrably spawn) after colliding with the particle of the other source.

Is it possible?

**I splitted a pflow source (by split amount) and sent it to a position object directly. it behaves like two sources, but where is the interparticle collision in pflow?

floopyb
01-28-2009, 02:55 AM
You could do a mesher on one particle system and use that as a deflector. Will be very crashy though!!

SoLiTuDe
01-28-2009, 03:15 AM
**I splitted a pflow source (by split amount) and sent it to a position object directly. it behaves like two sources, but where is the interparticle collision in pflow?

There is no interparticle collision. Like mentioned in the other thread, box2 (addon) will handle this. I think it'd be possible through box3 (currently available addon) by something like: If the distance between particle a and particle b is less than X then delete the particles. OR if you use Thinking Particles, you'd be set. :D

Edit: could also be done through scripting probably...

noouch
01-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Edit: could also be done through scripting probably...

Yep. Store the position of all particles in an array, then check the distance of each individual particle against all particles stored... Not really the easiest solution, but cheaper than shelling out for TP or one of the PF boxes.

Byteman3D
02-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Thank all of you for the replies. The mesher recommendation reminded me the snapshot tool, and It worked very well that way.

It's fairly dumb if Paticle flow really does not have an interparticle collision option , because an ordinary blizzard particle system has.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2009, 09:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.