PDA

View Full Version : Monkeyhead titles :: CGFilm

PaulHellard
01-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey there,

Thought I'd deviate for a moment to showcase some work perhaps not in the mainstream. These film titles piqued my interest for their inventiveness and darn coolness. Check out the great work being done by Monkeyhead in LA. Click, DIGG and comment.

http://features.cgsociety.org//images/plugs/feature/monkeyhead_plug.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=4889)

govinda
01-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Woohoo, sweet work!

'While film titles aren't the most glamorous area of work...' Where does this statement come from? It's a bit like saying 'green isn't the most glamorous of colors.' For one thing, it's an unattributed opinion, a strangely subjective comment that sticks out there like a sore thumb.

But even it it wasn't strange, it's simply 180 degrees from the consensus among people who work in motion graphics. For a long time film titles were the highest of high-end work, and even as other areas have caught up, it's still quite prestigious to have one's work occupy full theaters full of people for five minutes at the beginning of a film.

sergioduque
01-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Woohoo, sweet work!

'While film titles aren't the most glamorous area of work...' Where does this statement come from? It's a bit like saying 'green isn't the most glamorous of colors.' For one thing, it's an unattributed opinion, a strangely subjective comment that sticks out there like a sore thumb.

But even it it wasn't strange, it's simply 180 degrees from the consensus among people who work in motion graphics. For a long time film titles were the highest of high-end work, and even as other areas have caught up, it's still quite prestigious to have one's work occupy full theaters full of people for five minutes at the beginning of a film.

totally agreed!

lebada
01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
hate to quote mcdonalds but im lovin it. music is good too.

pimeto
01-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Do they pay to get this production focus here ?

PaulHellard
01-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Do they pay to get this production focus here ?

Of course not!

Esmaeel-V
01-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Hello
WoW.WoW
5*
Very nice Work

BarneysPosse
01-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Woohoo, sweet work!

Another +1 from me. I love opening titles like this for films (if it's appropriate for the film of course) because they're just so darn interesting and get me hyped for the movie. I especially love the opening sequence for the movie 'The Kingdom'.

http://www.artofthetitle.com/2007/12/25/the-kingdom/

khendar
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
I think what Paul meant was that while title sequences can indeed be outstanding at times and set the tone of the whole film, not many people going into CG thinking "I'm going to make kick-arse title sequences!". Most people want to be a modeller, animator or other such "high-profile" position.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.