PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9.6 rigging question

Patorak
01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi Everyone

I've upgraded to Lightwave 9.6 and I'm having a problem with my rigs, the bones keep snapping back to their rest positions. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Lino Grandi
01-27-2009, 08:35 PM
What about setting autokey ON?

;)

Revitgnome
01-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Nice Cap model....unfortunately don't know anything about Lightwave to be of any help.

--Cheers

bobakabob
01-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Hi Everyone

I've upgraded to Lightwave 9.6 and I'm having a problem with my rigs, the bones keep snapping back to their rest positions. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Pat, you're not giving enough info. By the sound of it you've rested the bones but are are you keyframing? Have you checked the manual about how the graph editor works? Are you saving scenes sequentially? Lino's advice about Autokey is a good place to start. Nice model btw.

Patorak
01-31-2009, 05:43 AM
Have you checked the manual about how the graph editor works?

Bobakabob, You mean the 5 inch thick thing in the blue binder? I've tried... through osmosis, but I don't think my skull is permeable enough.

Just kiddin', animation is my weak point. I've been goin' through Proton's video tuts, though. ...I guess I really should hit the manual.

Nice Cap model....unfortunately don't know anything about Lightwave to be of any help.

Revitgnome, thanks, here's a wire view. I gotta tell ya though, gettin' an all quad hand wasn't easy.

What about setting autokey ON?

Lino Grandi, yep! That did it, Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2009, 05:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.