PDA

View Full Version : Transform cached particles

AroundTheFur
01-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to transform (scale) cached particles in PFlow, to be rendered in Afterburn. The only way I've been able to do this is using a Krakatoa PRT Loader but Afterburn doesn't want to render these. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-S

Bobo
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to transform (scale) cached particles in PFlow, to be rendered in Afterburn. The only way I've been able to do this is using a Krakatoa PRT Loader but Afterburn doesn't want to render these. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-S

If you have the PRT files, you can do several things:

*Scale the PRT Loader or even better, add an XForm modifier and scale its gizmo.
*Save the scaled PRT Loader back to a new PRT sequence.
*Load the new PRT sequence into PFlow using the Krakatoa File Birth / Update / ID Test (keep in mind you need the ID channel in your PRT files for this to work ok).
*Render your PFlow with Afterburn

or

*Load the original PRT sequence into PFlow using the Krakatoa operators
*Check the "Link To Object TM" checkbox in the Krakatoa File Birth and File Update - this will apply the transformations of the PF_Source object to your particles, so you can scale, rotate and translate your particles by just moving the PF_Source
*Render your PFlow with Afterburn

For more info on reloading PRT sequences in PFlow, see
http://www.franticfilms.com/software/support/krakatoa/using_krakatoa_particle_flow_file_operators.php
and
http://www.franticfilms.com/software/support/krakatoa/blending_particle_file_sequences_using_krakatoa_particle_flow_operators.php

AroundTheFur
01-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Ah had to use the File Update, thanks Bobo!

-S

Bobo
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Ah had to use the File Update, thanks Bobo!

-S

If you have particles dying during the sequence and your PRTs contain an ID channel, you would also have to use a Krakatoa File ID Test to kill the particles off. See the tutorials for more info on this.

AroundTheFur
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Ok I'll check it out, thanks for the fast reply as usual :)

-S

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.