PDA

View Full Version : The Intervention, Chris Davidson (2D)

TheRobotEye
01-27-2009, 06:46 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g75/260375/260375_1233042411_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g75/260375/260375_1233042411_large.jpg)

Title: The Intervention
Name: Chris Davidson
Software: Illustrator, Photoshop

This photomontage was done as the key art for an indie movie called The Intervention. The copy line on the poster read "Eight people trapped by one man's demons." The man trapped in the bottle of his addiction is the subject of the intervention. But as the story unfolds it becomes less clear as to whether the demons he is battling are his own internal demons, or if they are in fact the people who have assembled to help him.

I shot Richard (the man in the bottle) in the swimming pool of my apartment building. The hands grabbing at him from the bottom of the bottle are mine. They were a bit of an afterthought. I first thought the blurred semi-ghost images of the rest of the cast lurking in the background would be enough to make the picture look like a psychological horror, but when it was done, it looked like it could still be a PSA for alcoholism. I think the hands were successful in adding the super-natural element the picture needed.

I did the upside-down pentagram label in illustrator to drive the point home. I think it might be just a scosh too much, but when advertising a movie, it's usually better to err on the side of being too obvious as opposed to too subtle.

Hope you like the picture! As always, all comments and crits are welcome.

phoenix
01-28-2009, 03:24 AM
This is quite creative :)

regards

MoonVisionStudio
01-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I dont usually like photomontage work, but this has a really nice painterly feel to it. Great Job! :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2009, 01:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.