PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Character to rig

Apophis3d
01-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Anyone have a character that I can rig? Taking a rigging class, and could use one. If anyone is willing to share one post some screenshots of it. All credit for modeling will go to you if I use it in a demo reel.

DanHaffner
01-27-2009, 01:58 AM
I was in the same position you are in, and finding models to rig can be really tricky, luckily I have gotten a nice library of models to play with, but before I got all those I came up with an idea. Go check out www.highend3d.com, they have a MASSIVE library of models already rigged for animators to play with, 146 to be exact. Go download those, rip out the entire rig, delete all the history on it, get rid of all the expressions, sdk's, etc etc, and you will be left with an empty shell all ready to go for you to play with. Here is a direct link:

http://highend3d.com/maya/downloads/character_rigs/

Also try here with the same idea:

http://learningmaya.com/

Hope this helps some.

Apophis3d
01-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Cool ill give that a shot.

jwaller05
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey,

I got an idea for ya. I'm working on an animation reel. I have a few basic characters for you to rig. Only catch is I want to use the rig in my reel. And of course credit for modeling. let me know what you think...

jwaller05
01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
and here is another one

DanHaffner
01-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Wouldn't you want characters with more range of motion to be used in an animation reel?

jwaller05
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
this is true. I figure at least the egg character would be good to show fundamentals.

DanHaffner
01-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Well, if your doing animation as your major, and for your reel, and you have bipeds and what not in your reel, any company your sending your reel off to should be able see you know the Principles of Animation and the fundamentals that go with it in your animation. You don't need a simple character who's main purpose is to show you know all that, it should naturally come out with your more complex animations.

The only think I can think to even rig on the egg would a simple IK system on the legs with stretchy limbs and some deformers for the egg itself. You might want to model a face in the egg, kinda like the M&M guys you see in the commercials, so then you can do facial animations with it.

jwaller05
02-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Yea you have a point. I'll whip somethin' cool together.

DanHaffner
02-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Feel free to post up what you come up with if you need any help with getting any of it rigged up.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2009, 03:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.