Firegold
06-27-2003, 06:20 PM
http://firegold.moddev.co.uk/mp5render.jpg

Polycount is around 25k
Still gotta fix those damn smoothing errors =|

Modeled and rendered in 3d Studio Max 5

Eskay
06-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Nice models, any plans on skinning them?

blastzone
06-27-2003, 10:52 PM
holy crap!!! nice work man but there is a problem (assides the smoothing) the trigger on the mp5 facing us looks like it is comming from nowhere its just for such a highly detailed ppic i would like it 2 b perfect after all thats y its posted right?:D

ansisvarx
06-28-2003, 12:01 AM
Wow very detailed. The firing mode selector (not sure of the actual term), does not seem adjustable. It appears to be stuck to the gun. Maybe you can raise the selector lever a little so there's shadow underneath it.

For the MP5, I don't think there's a selector lever on the right side, is there? Also, the stock doesn't look like the one here:
http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/mp5/choice/mp5.gif

That little thing along the barrel that you slide forward when reloading(I think) is supposed to be inclined more towards the vertical. Yours seem to be horizontal.

It'll be nice to add more details to the grip. The grooves i mean.

Regardless of the above, your models are already very detailed. Any chance of showing the wires? :D

Night
06-28-2003, 12:04 AM
wow :applause:
how many time its take to do?

:thumbsup:

Mr.Barkan
06-28-2003, 12:36 AM
ansisvarx- It depends on the model man...

but still its just mirrored

Firegold
06-28-2003, 01:26 AM
ansisvarx: there are many different versions of the mp5, the newer ones can have the fire selector switch on both sides. the stock is just another version, so it's retractable

here's the wireframe... it kinda sucks =|

http://firegold.moddev.co.uk/mp5_wire.jpg

frozyn
06-28-2003, 06:56 AM
the grip isnt right, should be more pistol like. also the grip has a hole in the bottom, both things im sure youve noticed

as for the rest AMAZING model :thumbsup:

Agent D
06-28-2003, 09:55 AM
Very nice models. Excellent job overall, especially the metal details on the side, the retractable stocks, and the diopter sights. My only real crit is that the very top of the frame (with the charging handle) looks too thin. It's probably just the shadows and angle of the renders though.

*Edit* The grip is fine, don't worry about it. You're obviously not basing your MP5s off of the variation that ansisvarx posted. MP5s come in many forms.

huydoan.com
06-28-2003, 10:09 AM
great job on the mp5s. they almost look real. well, like real porcelain models of the real thing, uh, anyways...

here's a great resource for images on mp5s

www.hkpro.com

Greencheese
06-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Wow...very detailed, great work. Next, do animation and make them sing! :)

spooky3d
06-30-2003, 04:26 PM
Great modeling job. Very detailed. When do you plan on texturing?

Firegold
07-01-2003, 03:50 AM
i dunno if i'm texturing them myself...
anyway i need to find out how to make normal maps =|

cyberjunkie
07-01-2003, 11:22 AM
This has got to be the BEST gun model I have ever seen! :buttrock: :buttrock: Obviously not for games :D

Kel Solaar
07-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Very good models, the modelling détail is excellent :)

Firegold
07-02-2003, 12:14 AM
here's an updated version:
http://firegold.moddev.co.uk/newmp5render.jpg

made the top cylinder bigger and edited some smoothing groups, not very noticable tho i guess

LoTekK
07-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Nice job. That's an insanely detailed model, and it looks quite amazing. My only crit right now is that the grip looks rather thin. On the ones I've handled the plastic of the hollow grip was quite a bit thicker than what you've modelled.

One last thing I forgot to mention before: The magazine release, from what I recall, should protrude more, rather than being flush with the housing, as you have it now.

Ansisvark: The charging handle is only off-horizontal when the weapon is cocked. Firegold has modelled this particular MP5 uncocked, so it is actually accurate.

eYadNesS
07-02-2003, 05:57 AM
Very good model, but you should start texture it ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.