PDA

View Full Version : Oktapodi Rig???

Flip86
01-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Hi.. since I saw the short Oktapodi , I m very impressed with the rig, especially the rig of the tentacle. and so I try to rebuild this extraordinary setup. but it doesnt work. I tried so much. but it wasnt succesful. can somebody tell me how it works? I mean the part of the rig
when he twists the tentacle. has he used the advanced twist spline ik???phas someone an idea and can give a tip....

greetz philipp

ramiro3d
01-27-2009, 02:59 AM
i found this http://www.gobelins.fr/galerie/animation/film2007-Oktapodi-makingof.htm

luigi
01-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice link :).

a bit to quick to see the hole poyential of th rig, but very impressive.

MolemanSD7
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
They could be using some version of a twisty joint setup, or they may just be using a deformation of some kind. The reason I think that is because they can control the influence of the twist over certain, adjustable portions of the tentacle. I'm almost picturing a twist deformer, and they're adjusting the upper and lower bounds on the fly. But I don't know for sure.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.