PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: TINTIN's Mk II rocket.

Hollis J Wood
06-27-2003, 04:14 PM
just making a higher poly version of my game model so I can do better scenes with it, I know it is not the best work but I really like the feel I get from looking at it. It has been therre and back again, a little worse for wear, but a good girl none the less.

http://www.frost-works.com/hollispics/dfh.jpg

Andreasson
06-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Nice! And very realistic! I would try to beem up the light slightly though. A bit higher contrast. It look's a bit like the light is turned off in a way. But no big deal, good job!

Tomas Andreasson

uncon
06-27-2003, 06:23 PM
I think the ear is great, but maybe try adding some more clues as to the sense of scale, maybe some smaller panels, or maybe some thing like that. I thought it was much smaller until I saw the little tiny ladder leading up into it.

t-man152
06-28-2003, 01:14 AM
great work. im a nooby so I dont know how to do something like this. the only thing I felt needed a little work was the door, it looks like if its painted on I thimk its because of the doorknob that we have that effect. again my opinion doesnt realy mater since I know nothing about this.

Hollis J Wood
06-28-2003, 01:33 AM
thanks for the replys, the door texture is going to change and I am going to be adding an external realease for it as well as adding the cargo doors, oh and I am going to try and make tthe space suits from the book to show scale.

Hollis J Wood
06-28-2003, 12:24 PM
ok I added some so the image so you can see its size.

KiFe
06-28-2003, 01:26 PM
hey dood..

forget about adding contrast .. the peice is FINE as it is.

as a childhood fan of tintin.. the rocket was a real nice flashback :)

your scaling is tremendous.. cool truck/ladder.. that's what did it for me.

all i can suggest, is perhaps the seams where the panels meet are a bit wide considering the scale.. .but that's such a small crit.

Are you going to recreate a full scene? with floodlights shooting up to the top of the rocket, a launchpad et all?

good werk

Hollis J Wood
06-28-2003, 01:36 PM
I had not decided yet but now that you mention it I might just use your suggestion

t-man152
06-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Im glad the posts work apearently you listen to us thats a good fealing to post something and finding that thing perfectly done the next day. Thank you. I live in France and almost everybody here knows who TinTin is. I sent this pic to some friends and they all loved it. They all wanted me to tell you : Super travaille wich means great work. keep it up :buttrock:

now all you have to model is the Moon lol

Captain
06-28-2003, 04:36 PM
That is some awesome work! Looks Great! I love that texture.

-Captain

Hollis J Wood
06-28-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by t-man152

now all you have to model is the Moon lol

:beer:

http://www.frost-works.com/hollispics/mooon.jpg

mikewebb
06-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Hellofa climb with out a safety cage!

Good job.

I'd try to make the ladder stand out a little better next to the rocket body. I'd also make the fins more aerodynamic. Also, I'd place it in a desert environment with fog to limit view. It kind of looks like a toy in this nondescript "studio" environment. And lastly, I'd replace the scrapes and peeled paint with burn marks from reentry.

Keep up the good work.

Mike

SouthernLaw
06-28-2003, 08:13 PM
One thing that would help sell the large scale would be to tweak your paint flaking texture. Right now, it looks like the rocket is shedding paint in sheets the size of a truck :D And unless you've got a really bad paint job, that shouldn't happen. Use more flake spots and make them *much* smaller... Someone mentioned that putting some re-entry burn marks... that would help a lot too.

Otherwise - great job!

EAP!
06-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Hehe I love it!:scream: You should change the truck to one of the jeeps from the books. and make the structure that holds it too!!! haha

-EAP!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.