PDA

View Full Version : Matrix and LW

AndréNozawa
06-27-2003, 03:45 PM
I was looking at LW`s project list and I am wondering how often LW was used to make Matrix.Was it used only for modeling?
Was LW the main 3D application?

Comments please.

uncon
06-27-2003, 05:29 PM
I am pretty sure that LW was not the main app. I think Houdini was a big one (at least it was in the first movie).

That's all I know.... for now

Baldric
06-27-2003, 06:03 PM
Neither Houdini nor LW were the main apps. I dont even know if Houdini was actually used.

It was almost all Maya using Mental Ray for rendering. LW was used very little, and only for modelling, it was not part of the main pipeline.

shadyshaz
06-27-2003, 06:49 PM
hey man baldric . your my man . MAYA was used al through

takkun
06-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Baldric
Neither Houdini nor LW were the main apps. I dont even know if Houdini was actually used.

It was almost all Maya using Mental Ray for rendering. LW was used very little, and only for modelling, it was not part of the main pipeline. AFAIK they didn't use Mental Ray as much in the first movie, they used mainly Renderman.

AndréNozawa, if you really want to read more about the making of the Matrix movies, I would find backissues of CineFX magazine http://www.cinefex.com/home.html They seem to have the most comprehensive information of the making of VFX in movies. Most of the information you'll find on forums is mainly speculation and mis-information.

AndréNozawa
06-28-2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks Takkun:thumbsup:

Nemoid
06-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Great!
are there other sites where find sfx info for free?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.