PDA

View Full Version : Game Icons - Character - Scuba

Scuba
06-27-2003, 02:27 PM
Every rose is protect by a thorn, and the blossuming life tree is no exception to the rule... and it's thorn is the most dangerous ever.

Well thats basically the essense of the character's story as far as i have it fleshed out. Basically he is a mix of ninja/samauri warrior/protector. I am kinda planning to change him up somewhat as i see quite a few characters in this contest already that have one arm armoured up, or have their fore arms and shins wrapped, or even are wearing the geta sandals... but since i am pretty bad with the hand drawing skills i figured i would make the changes as they hit me during the modeling process... which i am also not too good with... lol guess i just wanted to submit something and it was the only idea i had. Anywayz the concept sketch is under my name in the chchallenge website as i dont have a website to directly link to put in here.

http://www.cgchallenge.com/challenge_view.php?challenge_id=36

Scuba
06-28-2003, 06:29 PM
here is the concept sketch

Scuba
06-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Here is the sketch i used for the front reference guide

Scuba
06-28-2003, 06:43 PM
And here is the left side reference i used:

Scuba
06-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Here is the smoothed basic body mesh that i made with the guides just shown

Scuba
06-28-2003, 07:15 PM
and here is a wireframe of the basic body mesh:
now i am going to attempt to model the tunic and belt, that might take a while since i have no clue how to do it. lol

Scuba
06-28-2003, 07:18 PM
The Wire

Scuba
07-08-2003, 04:29 AM
OK this is pretty close to the final model just needs hair and ears. Any comments?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.