PDA

View Full Version : polytweak node I need to remove

anthonymcgrath
06-27-2003, 01:56 PM
I have my complete rigid bound character that I'm quite happy with. I've made a couple of tweaks to the UV's and maya has plonked a polyTweak node at the top of my INPUTS list. I want to remove this (but preserve the UV amends created) whilst not deleting all the rigidBinding I've done.
anyone any thoughts?

ant
newcastle
uk

cavetroll
06-27-2003, 06:04 PM
there is a script called "fixWeight" available on highend. what it does is that it deletes history on your skinned object but keeps the skin cluster. It may be only working on smooth bound skins. Donīt know. Maybe you should give it a try.
Cheers, Tom.

Levitateme
06-28-2003, 10:45 PM
can you just save your weights out? then delete history, then import backonto your model . i had to do that a few times. but that script sounds like a life saver, ill have to get that. thanks cavetroll.

loked
06-28-2003, 10:56 PM
If this script works for Rigid Binding as well, then it will help you (Anthony) with the previous problem you were having as well. So definitely go check it out :thumbsup: I'm in the process of trying to write a plugin that will do things like this. I've just gotta see how complex its gonna be. I'm still quite a noobie to API.

later:wavey:
loked

anthonymcgrath
06-30-2003, 01:27 PM
hi guys.
right I tried that fixWeight script but unfortunately had no luck with it. It just creates a copy of my model, kills the entire history of the shape and looks like it textures it with the first texture in my shading group :annoyed:

not really sure of any other ways to tackle this now and I'm a muppet with mel so dont think I'd have any luck there. looks like I'm detaching the lot, making shape amends, killing history and going through the process again.

when are Alias gonna get their act together and put this as an option in there?! or at least a 'kill all history except cluster info' option. theres options to kill everything else!
:surprised

MasonDoran
07-04-2003, 02:57 PM
i strongly recommend doing all of the editing on the intermediate object(hidden duplicate of the skinned mesh in the hypergraph)....that way when you edit that....you can bake the history into it by deleting it without disconnecting the skincluster.

its possible, but you have to play around in the hypergraph.....

oops...that applies to softbound objects....

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.