PDA

View Full Version : VEHICLE: Old Pick-Up Truck

vg1
06-27-2003, 08:58 AM
Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting some of my work on this site. I posted this truck on 3dBuzz and had some good critics. Please feel free to drop comments. This will be used on a short I am doing with a good friend of mine. Below are links to textured images on his site. Feel free to visit his site, its really cool. The truck will not be used as main character, only as prop on far background.

Thanks,

By the way, I am having alot of trouble posting wireframe image that is decent in size(640/480). I cannot seem to get it under 40kbs. Please HELP. Here is crappy little attachment of wireframe that is 19kbs. Sorry.

http://www.digiwonk.com/images/t1.jpg http://www.digiwonk.com/images/t2.jpg

vg1
06-27-2003, 09:03 AM
I apologize, I forgot the following;

1. I used Maya for modeling/rendering and Pixho's GI_Joe for lighting.

2. My friend's website, www.digiwonk.com.

Thank you again,

vg1

Wiro
06-27-2003, 09:13 AM
The first impression of the model was very good but upon further inspection it's apparent that the textures are mirrored. they also seem to be a bit out of scale and a bit too low res.
But since you mention it's supposed to be a background piece I think this is acceptable. The car has a strong silhouette and interesting colours to make it recognizable even if blurred out in the background.
What will the final piece be of?

Wiro

Marcel
06-27-2003, 09:23 AM
Looks good!

One small critique on the texture: the rust patterns and distribution are a bit big, making the car look smaller then it actually is. Some dirt/mud along the bottom parts won't hurt either.

The wheels look a bit small, especially with the cartoonish proportions of the car.
The glass of the front window is a bit 'plain'. Maybe more transparency and a reflection (map) would help.

But I agree, it's more than great for a background prop, I would put your energy in making the other stuff (of which there is much to do I guess :) ).

vg1
06-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Thanks for your post Wiro. I purposely left the textures mirrored because it is going to be in background. I might go ahead and change my mind on that. As far as the setting, it will be on a farm next to an old farm house. The truck itself will have a jack holding it up from the back right rear tire area.

By the way, I visited your site, wow, you have some great talent. Great site. I remeber the one Robot with no neck or head from 3d work magazine. Amazing Work.

Thanks

vg1
06-27-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the input Marcel. I agree with you on the size of textures. I am pretty knew to texturing and also using Photoshop for this kind of work. Although it is a background prop, it is great practice and your input is definitely taken to heart. I also want to use this for a small piece on my demo reel(maybe), so thanks for your response.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.