PDA

View Full Version : VFS Demo Reel: Modeling

jo-jean
06-27-2003, 06:08 AM
Hi Everyone,
Its my first time posting here. Im a recent grad of VFS and welcome any comments on my modeling demo reel. Check it out!!

jodyt_demo reel_divx.avi (http://www.vfs.com/~jodyt/jodyt_demo_divx.avi)http://www.vfs.com/~jodyt/flower.jpghttp://www.vfs.com/~jodyt/warrior.jpg

dongle
06-27-2003, 06:23 AM
Excellent work. I really liked your artwork throughout the program, but seeing it put together I was blown away. I love the skinny fat guy, the layout and lighting of the forest and the design of the girl. Everything looks great together, very nice work!

ed209
06-27-2003, 06:42 AM
To tell you the truth I think your reel is way too long for the amount of content you have on it. I would guess a min is all you would need to showcase it.

Hostile 17
06-27-2003, 06:45 AM
Wow, incredible work. Some of the best modeling i've seen come out of VFS. I really like the design and the theme you chose, and the mood is spot on. You can really sense the sexual tension between the two charecters. Awsome job!!!:thumbsup:

dennyk
06-27-2003, 06:49 AM
Good one Jodi - you're reel rocks !!! :applause: Great detail on all the characters - I definitely think you should take up 3D Modelling as a career (even though that genetic stuff you do probably pays a lot more!) Just one question - did you purposely animate that little tribal character in the storyline to make him look like a peeping-Tom ?!! (hmm, just seemed like something you would do).

michelleblue
07-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Hello Jody,

Congratulation on the success!:beer:
Your reel turned out really really neat! I specially like your character designs. I know that guy at Disney was extremely impressed by your work during his VFS tour some weeks ago. I hope you have drop him a copy of your finished work. You might be just well on your way to Disney!!! :deal:

Anyway, keep us udpate the good works!:scream:

koity
07-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Hey This is Chien Ko from class 39
The Drunk guy..... :drool:
I really like animations you put in into the characters.
They are so alive to me... The female character is also very inspiring. It would be nice to see her walk around though.
Personally I think you built a character out of the tribal guy with all the facial animation and body movement. This is why I like him more :thumbsup:

jason-slab
07-02-2003, 03:58 PM
really good work!!

i rekon ed209 is right about the length, make it short and sweet!

good luck

|jason

Russell Campos
07-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Hi jo-jean,

This is an excelent work and you must be proud of it. Great design, modeling and texturing! And i think your idea on how showing your modeling reel, the statuetes and the music are all excelent also. Congrats! :beer:

nomad_girl
07-08-2003, 07:48 PM
great work jody!

your models are really beautiful. i love the originality and attention to detail. they have so much character and style to them.

good luck!

reetika
07-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Very original characters......the guy is well modelled and textured.....and definitely has a character in him....the flower gal is unique and is beautifully modelled and textured too....
overall a great reel....

All The Best For Future

:thumbsup:

assy
07-19-2003, 06:14 AM
:thumbsup:

Wow! I was really impressed by your work. Looks like you put a lot of effort into your reel. The character designs are very unique and creative. Good luck on your job search. I'm sure you'll have no trouble landing a stellar gig.

cgjie
07-19-2003, 07:43 AM
jo-jean:
Could you post any picture?
I use 56k modem:scream:

TheGreenGiant
07-19-2003, 01:07 PM
HELLO THERE!!!

been looking for this thread for ages. Good to find it again - I downloaded you clip about 3 weeks ago, watched it, sat down and cried. I'm kidding of course but I felt incredibly dejected and motivated at the same time - since then I've modelled and chucked out two heads.. but your work is just incredible. VFS seems like a school where I'd like to be.

I really like the characters you designed - the flower woman is STUNNING!! The detail on her body and hands are nuanced and just beautiful. The other chatacter - the mayan dwarf character is also very nice.

If I have any critique - it would be we see very little of the woman in motion (I know she's meant to be hidden.. like part of the forest) but its like that beautiful model was wasted. You see your scene, then you see her move and go "OH MY!" but then there isn't more. You should do more with the character.

Did you base her facial features on Naomi campbell?

jo-jean
07-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Thanks for all the great comments everyone!!! I have now posted some still images for all of those who don't/can't wait for the demo download.
Green Giant: Thanks for the wonderful comments....and yes, her face was modeled after naomi!! I hope to get some more animation on the characters soon:)

Also, I think the above link may not work for downloading my demo so here is a new link.....

new jodyt demo download (http://www.vfs.com/~jodyt)

Bladestone
07-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Hello Jodi, your work looks very cool. The green woman (Dryad perhaps?) is a great model, looks like some detailed modeling covering her body. The lighting works well to with the strong back light. It would be neat to see your texture work for the model.

I think you worked with my sister, she mentioned you transitioned from genetics to computer graphics, obviously a good choice. Looking to get into the game industry or perhaps movie character modeling? If you get a website up, would be cool to check out. :)

ChinARideR
07-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Very nice work. VFS always produces good artists. How long do you get to work on your reel there? Where I am, we only get around 3 months.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.