PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel: Character animation showreel. Comments and crist welcome.

benjicon
06-27-2003, 05:26 AM
Hi All,

This is my first reel , I have sent it out for a few jobs so far with fairly possative feedback, I'll be adding to it and refineing it over the next 3 months.

Looking for a bit of feedback, comments and crits welcome .

Ben .

Showreel - 13mb

http://www.polypusher.com/animations/bg_showreel.mpg

Cyborgguineapig
06-29-2003, 01:58 AM
Pretty good, I dunno why nobody else replied.

CENOBITE
06-29-2003, 02:11 AM
Well, I liked it. The animation is a bit jerky start.stop. -ish. But looks great in other places. The demo reel itself... Hey! I was expecting a little somthing added at the end...when the music keeps playing?

wbate
06-29-2003, 02:28 AM
benjicon, I though there was a lot of good stuff going on in your animation, but for the style you've chosen (mostly pretty cartoony) I think you could push a lot of your posing much farther. Especially in the spines of your characters, they seem stiff. Maybe a bit more exageration!

Good luck!

Volker
06-29-2003, 05:07 AM
Benjicon,
Looking pretty good so far. I'd say the biggest thing that sticks out is lack of refinement. Subtle follow-throughs and things like making sure the hands and fingers don't stay static are keeping this from bring really great work. The gas-man walk was pretty static, and looked like he had a really bad limp. His arms looked like they were only going back and forth between two keys. They didn't look like they were in fluid motion. Everything was just too even. The flower clip started to get pretty boring a couple seconds into it. There just wasn't anything that kept my interest in it. "Who cares that there is a flower there!" You need to make the audience have a connection of some sort. I hope I wasn't too harsh. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see some revisions soon!!!

~Zach

Captain
06-29-2003, 07:37 AM
OOOH, I Like it Alot! Especially your Lip Sinking. My favorite part of the reel is when that weird character is sneaking around in that live action footage. Great stuff. I personally just thought that one guy in the white shorts and shirt moved a little jerky at times, other than that, great work.

-Captain

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.