PDA

View Full Version : mirroring problems..:(

nikolaradovic
01-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi!
Well...i just started with this great module..messiah3.0 :)..and I got Joe Cosmans Rigging 2..which was done in earlier version of messiah..( I guess, by the look of the interface )..so, I was working my way trough this interesting tutorial and on the part where he explains the mirror option ( on the tutorial he is working on the FILE tab which is over multiple items block_that's the base of all his mirror actions.. )I got stuck...actually..when I tried to mirror the R_leg to other side..( and it's probably smart to mention that the IK chain on that leg..which he explained earlier in the tutorial was working properly) was mirroring really badly..or to be exact not at all..all of the channels were twisted in some strange way and the goal for the IK chain was fixed in the same place as the first ( R_leg ) leg...but, when I changed the tabs from the FILE to SETUP the mirror worked perfectly...and..then..again..when I changed the SETUP tab to ANIMATE tab...the leg was twisted again...:(
I'm pretty much confused with this and I would really be grateful for any kind of advice..from more experienced members :) thnk u all..and I apologize for my bad english :)

isobarxx
01-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Do you have any animation keys on the mirrored leg, or is it just the first frame? It would be helpful if you can post a screenshot or the .fxs file.

That it's correct in Setup but not in Animate would indicate it's a keying issue. You could try arrowing down through the leg heirarchy on frame 0 in Animate and resetting all of the motion channels.

nikolaradovic
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
thnk u for your time..and effort..:)I must admit I never considered that as the solution..but..the fact is..there is no animated parts in this..it's just the preparation faze so I guess everything should be on the first frame_0 FRAME( I'll check that to be sure )...I've tried this setup for several times and there was always the same problem and the same twist with the exact IK goal positioned still in the R_lag.
As a detour for that problem I've finished the setup without the IK chain on the leg and then the mirror in the FILE_tab worked perfectly..all i needed to do is manually set the chain on both legs...so..that could be some kind of solution...but..if the leg rigg is a bit complicated and if it includes expressions...then the translation onto the other leg in immposible..( I think )
..anyway...I 'm still lookin' for solution..and..any advice is very welcome :)

Thnk U isobarxx :)
p.s. and as for the screenshot...I try to submit it next week..cheers ! :)

catizone
01-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Is it possible that the + or - direction flip for the bones needs to be switched for the way it was mirrored?

I don't recall having that problem, but that might be worth a try....

Best,
Rick

nikolaradovic
01-27-2009, 11:50 AM
hm...well...I can give it a try...Hope it will bring me some results...I've already asked 5 people about this...and they also don't know for sure...so..good luck to me :) THNK u Catizone for your help ! :)

nikolaradovic
02-11-2009, 12:26 PM

nikolaradovic
02-11-2009, 12:27 PM
this one goes to CATIZONE :)

+ or - direction flip is unfortunately bad solution...'cause all it does is direct the IK chains to one or the other side...What i mean is..considering the basic position of them..and considering that you've accurately rigged the hand ( for example ) the IK chain should work perfectly with it's direction..but..if you missed something during the rigging..or you rigged it in some other way ( concerning the channels..or axis ) the IK sometimes then works on the other side bending itself in a wrong NON-real way..

I'm sad to say...that still there is no solution for me...and..the detour that I've mentioned in the previous threads is only a temporary solution :)

thnk u all for your help !

Ulven
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
If you post an mpj file it'll take milliseconds to see what you've done wrong.

nikolaradovic
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Ulven!

thnk u very much for your effort ! I appreciate it :)

and..sorry.in a way..I feel like a dumbest person alive right now...but unfortunately..I've never heard of it before...can u explain to me how to make one..and I will post it right away! sry for my low experience..I'm quite new with all of this :(

catizone
02-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Go to File menu.....Save messiah Project.

Best,
Rick

nikolaradovic
02-11-2009, 02:18 PM
i think this is it...sorry once again :)

Ulven
02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I mirrored your arm and leg and then changed the IK goal of the mirrored side to be the mirrored IK goal, both where you had used the Inverse Kinematics block and where you were using expressions, that was all there was. No magic or hocupocus or anything :)

nikolaradovic
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
THNK U m8 !..soo much.I'll try to remember that ! I know that there is no hocuspocus:) in it..it's just...I was doing it exactly like in the Joe C. tutorial..and there it seemed to easy..but..I guess I have a lot to learn yet ! THNK u all !

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.