PDA

View Full Version : First post we all have to start somewhere!

Seacoboy
01-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi All

I do feel a bit inferior here when I see some of the wonderful work on the forum but after saying that we all need critique to improve so here's my first attempt, I use a graphics tablet on photos in Photoshop but this is my first go at drawing a full piccy from scratch!

Any comments good or bad very welcome...

Not sure what was in my head when I drew it ???

AHH! I see I can't post a pic yet, I think I can at 3 posts I'll try then?

Advarsky
01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
You can just type url , where url is a direct link to your pic.

Seacoboy
01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Ok Thanks Advarsky I'll give it a go...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/seaco33/monster2DesktopResolution.jpg

PyrrhicComedy
01-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Hmm. It looks fine--as in, you probably shouldn't work on it a great deal more. If you're devoted to this subject, then I'd suggest applying more consistent values, but if you're ready to move on, move on.

The biggest "problem" this has is that it's easy to tell that you didn't really know what you had in mind when you drew it. There doesn't seem to be a feeling or mood that you want to communicate. He's a neat looking australopithecene demon guy, hanging out, maybe at the dentist's office getting his teeth checked, with his mouth open like that but no sense of menace or hunger in his expression.

Maybe it will help to think of effective art as a method of communication--it should tell a story, or suggest an emotion or response (even if the response is just "woah, badass demon"). Next time, think about what you want your viewer to think or feel when they see your picture from the outset.

Welcome to the forums!

Seacoboy
01-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi PyrrhicComedy

Thanks for the reply and yes your right I agree with all you've said I didn't really have a clue which way I was going with this but it was a first go and I was trying allsorts with my new graphic tablet, next time I will be thinking about the subject alot more!

I don't usually draw this type of thing but I must have had my weird head on...

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2009, 01:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.