PDA

View Full Version : Character: Wolf Demon

Nayman
06-27-2003, 02:26 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post at Cgtalk. My name is matthew Nayman, and I am CG artist and film maker from Toronto, Ontario. Anyhoo, recently, two of my friends have helped me create the creature that will have a role in one of my films. It is called, The Anaix demon, and is the star of a fight scene with two live actors. So, this is him, feel free to comment, critisize, but he is basically going to stay the same other than a few minor texture tweaks and a mane on his back and neck. OH, and the Eye is being redone, so ignore that.
The colours are designed that way for a reaosn in the script, BTW

http://cgi.third-era.com/~Nayman/AniaxFinal.jpg

MOdeling is by Blengine, Textures by Enrico Valinez

Michel.E
06-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Represent the T.O.! :) Very nice work. One problem for me is the eyes, they just look a little bland. I'm not much of a critic....

sonix
06-27-2003, 03:33 AM
Nayman, as I have said at elYsiun, this rocks.:buttrock: :eek:

Glad to see the genetalia didn't make the final render!

Can't wait to see the finished movie. Excellent,

Sonix.

JasonA
06-27-2003, 06:08 AM
Thats a sweet looking demon model! the eyes could use a bit of work alright. They need some gloss to seem more wet and a little vien action would be cool too.

I really like the bumpy texture of the skin tho. caught my eye right away. nice work:)

Nayman
06-27-2003, 04:10 PM
yeah, thanx. I liek the skin too... anyone else?

endi2
06-27-2003, 05:13 PM
cool :)

golem
06-27-2003, 06:30 PM
i like the model, but i find something to say about the texture mapping. it seems a little bit "uniform" how to explain? the bump map has no difference over all the body, but we know that the bumps near the eye are very thin, while those on the chest or on feet and hads are larger and deeper... i can say the same for the specular map. the main principle of specularity about organic modeling is "the softer, diffuse, the harder, specular".
skin over muscles should look different (soft) than skin over bones, and so on.
i think we have chance to improve it, why don't try?

golem

Bapsis
06-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Thats some pretty cool stuff there Nayman (didnt realize this was your last name....). :)

I hope its going to be really evil and rip your friends apart with lots of blood and gore and stuff.... :)

Matt

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.