PDA

View Full Version : Monster Animation WIP

crilazev
01-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Hello!

I am new here. I'm working in this animation as a challenge to do something more complicated (at least for me! hehe). I did the blocking and added some breakdows. Before going further I would like to hear any critics and comments from you.

Thanks

http://boxstr.com/files/4697471_adxsw/monstro.mov

AlexisV
01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
That's a nice shot. I like the idea, can't wait to see what's next.

mistasam02
01-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Cool idea! Only suggestions would be to exagerate your poses more, and spend less time having the monster look at the bone. Once the audience realizes it's a bone and he's more of just a playful dog, have him grab it and run off with it. Other than that it looks cool so far. Keep it up! :D

crilazev
01-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys for the comments. Hey Sam, thanks for the tips. I'll do some modifications and as soons as I have an update I'll be posting it. I still open for any critics.
Thanks again!

raylistic
01-24-2009, 02:01 AM
good start, just a suggestion. Maybe when the creature jumps in, there would be some minor camera shakes as well?

Nonetheless, it is a good start. Looking forward for more!

kalfred02
01-24-2009, 03:35 AM
I agree that the poses need to be a lot stronger. It feels like the front and the back legs are twinning, or are in equal positions across from each other. Offset them a bit so they don't feel so even. Also, in the beginning of the shot, try to make him feel more violent and chaotic. Make him an evil disgusting creature, with his head turned down more and his body language showing that he is in attack mode. Then, after you reveal the bone have him transition into the happy go lucky dog creature. Doing this will create a stronger contrast and more appeal to the shot in general. Lastly, concentrate on making the creature feel heavier. Right now what I am noticing most is that he looks like a big monster, but when he has those curly claws on the ground they are always curly and do not feel like his body is pressing down on them. Weight weight weight. Take those claws/fingers and flatten out the part where it is contacting the ground. Try putting your knuckles on the floor and walking like tarzan and you will see what i'm talking about, because your fingers will not be perfectly curled, they will be pressing very hard. Overall though I like what I see and it's a pretty fun idea. Keep goin!

~ Kent
Character Animator @ Reel FX

Valandar
02-01-2009, 06:43 AM
One thing that struck me was that when he landed, and knocked the first car aside, it looked like it flew off faster than the blow that knocked it aside.

chints84
02-04-2009, 01:50 PM
looks nice... and fun to work with... i would suggest that when the monster lands let him slide a little towards the right.. or maybe just the hind legs... as they would be carrying the momentum a little bit... from frame 11 onwards... all the best and looking foward to see this animation.

all the best.
Chints.

crilazev
02-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Hello there!

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I made some changes on the animation. I did have a bad time with the rig :banghead:, had to make some alterations and so, but I finally get there. Itīs far from perfect so I would like to continue receiving comments and critics of you all.

Thanks again!

Cristian :)

http://boxstr.com/files/4852547_ct6bb/monstro.mov

kelgy
02-19-2009, 09:48 PM
haha great job.

Only suggestion might be pausing a bit before he knocks away the noisy car after jumping into frame.

I think it shows a lot of character.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2009, 09:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.