PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help for Thesis animated film

mybutterflyiris
01-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Hello all. I'm a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design and am currently working on my Thesis 3D animated film. However, I am having difficulty finding people who are dedicated to the project and not overrun with work themselves to lend me a hand. So I thought I would reach out to the community here in a bit of desperation. I may just have to face reality and rework the film to be something I can complete on my own, but I would rather not have to do that.

About the film:

Concept: creating metaphorical animation that is reminiscent of poetry through application of semiotic theory
Synopsis: Life is a masquerade
Duration: approximately 90 sec
Summary: Penelpe struggles to find the true identity of the masked character amidst the confucion. ...
Due date: August

one of the storyboard panels:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/mybutterflyiris/03.jpg

Current Progress:
Most of the Preproduction work is done: concept design and storyboards.
Modeling has started, but I am lacking modelers to get them done.

If you are interrested in being a part of this project, let me know and I can email you more about it.

KenSaba
01-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi! Im animation student and want to participate on this project. Can you tell me more about this project, pls email me kensab at gmail dot com. Regards

mybutterflyiris
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
yamyam: sent you an email reply

And to inspire others I'm posting a screen shot of a model that was recently finished for this project....I can't wait to texture it! (which is what I love doing) :)

edit: I just want to take a moment and specify that work is being done in Maya 2008.

This is the ominous mask designed by me, modeled by Yi Han (also a SCAD student)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/mybutterflyiris/ominous_mask.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.