PDA

View Full Version : New financing options?

Womball
01-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I've been trying to contact softimage for the past week, via phone and email. For email I get a sending error which says too many hops and it doesn't get through to softimage. What does that mean? The phone problem was either the person wasn't there, or got woman speaking French.

My question is basically does Softimage provide any financing options like Autodesk provides for Maya and 3d studio Max?

I like the monthly payment options, but I haven't seen them on Softimage's site. Or does Autodesk now take care of this?

ThE_JacO
01-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Soft has moved offices to AD's Montreal premises, and I don't know if the website has been updated in its entirety yet. It's perfectly possible that some mail addresses or phonelines are either offline now, or used only for routing (which would make them more subject to issues and less likely to be responded to timely).

That kind of stuff would now be in the hands of Autodesk, so contacting them would be a good first step to find yourself a new route to somebody who can give you info about this.

Annoying, yes, but hopefully only temporary while things settle. It was a big move done at ludicrous speed after all :)

Womball
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
What part of Autodesk do I contact? Do they have an email address that I can contact? I'm having a lot of trouble navigating their site, too big. Can't find any real people to talk to.

ThE_JacO
01-24-2009, 03:58 AM
hmm, not sure. I never had to go through those channels sorry.
For other vendors I dealt with, when I had no channels to go through, a quick query to info@ always worked for me.
You could also try to see what sales@autodesk and sales@softimage lead to nowadays.

Way I see it, If you're talking about giving somebody money don't be afraid to spam. If there's no clear direction to send a mail it's their fault and you're entitled to Cc half the company to an info request :)

Womball
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I did get in contact with a softimage salesman. He says that they will know a lot more after the 17th. The softimage store is now down. Is it worth it to buy the subscription to Autodesk?

Ohmanoggin
02-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I got this today. Perhaps it will help.
Ohmanoggin

Dear Customer,
One of our first steps following the acquisition will be to transition from the Softimage to the Autodesk ordering and licensing systems. As a result, the Softimage customer portal will no longer be required and the license management features (such as Panic Button, license activation/deactivation, license transfers, and license recovery) will not be available.

The transition to the Autodesk licensing system is expected to take place in mid-February 2009.

In order to ensure a smooth transition, we highly recommend that you take a moment to visit the Softimage Customer Portal (http://i.nl03.net/ltr0/?_m=1n.00hp.1.zy05p0adfi.6) on or before February 15, 2009. Please confirm that your licenses of the Softimage software are up to date and that all your licenses are activated on the appropriate machines, so that you can continue to run your licenses effectively, without interruption.

Please note that product functionality will not be affected by the transition. License management of the following products will be transitioned to a Softimage License Request form, after mid-February:

Softimage|XSI Advanced versions 5.0 through 7.0
Softimage|XSI Essentials versions 5.0 through 7.0
Softimage Face Robot, all versions
Softimage Behavior, all versions
Softimage|XSI Batch versions 5.0 through 7.0
Softimage|XSI Batch Universal versions 5.0 through 6.5
Softimage|XSI Foundation version 6.0
Softimage mental ray Standalone, all versions

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during the transition. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience you may encounter; we trust you will find it worthwhile.

Please contact Autodesk Product Support or email softimage.licensing@autodesk.com for further assistance.

Sincerely,
The Autodesk Softimage Team

Womball
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Still no update to Autodesk's site and no info about who to contact from the people I have spoke with. Although the advertisement for Autodesk Softimage is on the banner here on cgtalk sometimes. I will try to talk to licensing about this as well, but I haven't had time recently.

WillBellJr
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I think they're gearing up for release of v7.5 since I see a lot of Academic stores mentioning v7.5 for sale.

I pray my maintenance is proper cause getting this update for free is the only reasoning behind my laying out the cash for maintenance!

-Will

PS - How does one verify or view their support/maintenance terms? I don't see anything in the Softimage Customer Portal?

antsjoe
02-19-2009, 10:40 PM
I would be interested to know about where to review maintenance plan.

I have heard little more than others. Seems paying for maintenance would get a few perks. NOT

aj

WillBellJr
02-19-2009, 10:57 PM
That's my question as well - turns out I reviewed my order from last year - I have till August with my maintenance.

Thing is, I don't see any special forum access, no email or anything laying out what "you get" under maintenance - I did however read today a PDF over at Softimage with a table showing what support you get depending on what kind of maintenance you have so I guess that's it.

If I can get my hands on this v7.5 update, I'll be happy for now. Perhaps I might even require some support call-ins if I have issues getting it going or run into some bumps using the update.

It'd be nice if the rumors of Kinematic ICE come to fruition - that would be sweet.

I'd love to hold on to my XSI, $800/year is rough but if it's "worth it", I'll do it - the ball is in Autodesk's court now - I guess we'll see what happens soon...

-Will

xsisupport
02-20-2009, 11:00 AM
That's my question as well - turns out I reviewed my order from last year - I have till August with my maintenance.

Thing is, I don't see any special forum access, no email or anything laying out what "you get" under maintenance - I did however read today a PDF over at Softimage with a table showing what support you get depending on what kind of maintenance you have so I guess that's it.

If I can get my hands on this v7.5 update, I'll be happy for now. Perhaps I might even require some support call-ins if I have issues getting it going or run into some bumps using the update.

It'd be nice if the rumors of Kinematic ICE come to fruition - that would be sweet.

I'd love to hold on to my XSI, $800/year is rough but if it's "worth it", I'll do it - the ball is in Autodesk's court now - I guess we'll see what happens soon...

-Will

Did you receive the email posted above (in post #6) ?

The "Softimage Support Programs" document specifies what you get under maintenance:
http://softimage.com/support/pdf/Softimage_Support_Programs.pdf

WillBellJr
02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi, XSISupport, very nice to see you here - thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's the PDF I was referring to when I mentioned that I saw a table of support options.

I believe I did receive that email - I did see the notice in the support portal as well.

-Will

xsisupport
02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi, XSISupport, very nice to see you here - thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's the PDF I was referring to when I mentioned that I saw a table of support options.

I believe I did receive that email - I did see the notice in the support portal as well.

-Will

Ok, so far so good. Did you also receive a "welcome to Subscription"-type email?

Womball
02-22-2009, 04:40 AM
When will Autodesk carry Softimage at its online store?

WillBellJr
02-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Ok, so far so good. Did you also receive a "welcome to Subscription"-type email?

Hmmm, now that I'm not sure about? If that's not part of the order receipt

I'll check my emails again (sorta hard since for some reason yahoo's email search seems to be bonkers lately???)

What can I do to make sure this is setup right? Contact sales?

-Will

xsisupport
02-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Hmmm, now that I'm not sure about? If that's not part of the order receipt

I'll check my emails again (sorta hard since for some reason yahoo's email search seems to be bonkers lately???)

What can I do to make sure this is setup right? Contact sales?

-Will

You would of received the "welcome to Subscription" email in the last week or two.
I checked a list of customers with maintenance, and I found your name. Starting today, we are migrating softimage.com accounts to Autodesk, and you will receive an email notification when your new account is ready.

Womball
02-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Has the price of essentials changed for 7.5, xsisupport?

And what is the cost of an upgrade from a previous edition? I have the student 5.11 version. I'd like to get 7.5 essentials.

WillBellJr
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
You would of received the "welcome to Subscription" email in the last week or two.
I checked a list of customers with maintenance, and I found your name. Starting today, we are migrating softimage.com accounts to Autodesk, and you will receive an email notification when your new account is ready.

Well thanks for checking and your support cause as of right now, I can't download anything...

-Will

xsisupport
02-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Well thanks for checking and your support cause as of right now, I can't download anything...

-Will

Hi Will

You won't be able to download anything until you get in to the Subscription Center.
Except for what is already available at softimage.com/downloads.

WillBellJr
02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes, I realize that - that's why I posted above to let you know that I was stuck at this point in time...

-Will

PS - I imagine they'll send me a username / password? Cause my old username & password from the softimage site doesn't work.

xsisupport
02-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Yes, I realize that - that's why I posted above to let you know that I was stuck at this point in time...

-Will

PS - I imagine they'll send me a username / password? Cause my old username & password from the softimage site doesn't work.

Yes, you will get a new username and password.

SLiTHER
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
xsisupport

beside the welcome screen and new licensing "give us more money" scheme, i would like to point out that the new Behavior 2.13 that had a license boost, is still broken, so since 2005 till 2009 this will make it a 4 years of pointless maintenance contract and a broken up. I guess my question is, and no need to private correspondent, because i do have the right to be upset in public, are you guys going to fix the long going bug that prevents behavior from saving the world, and allowing the worlds that are saving with version 2.1 to be rendered with mentalRay that ships with xsi 7.x advanced? or that's for next year maintenance contract? just to be sure where to put my money from now on.

Kind Regards

WillBellJr
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Has anyone actually been able to download v7.5 yet or is only the demo available now?

I'm starting to get MIFFED that I've STILL NOT RECEIVED my login details yet.

-Will

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.